Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-27-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Any updates? Additional class action money?

I received my 'settlement' from Dupont a year ago. Just submitted my 'additional claims' letter for 4 more trees a few weeks ago. Funny how the 4 largest trees in my yard (white pines) weren't mentioned in the initial settlement, but are now suffering. Dropping green needles is never good.....
Old 01-01-2014, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Member

I feel for you, this has not been fun. They flat refused to consider my addtional trees even after an independent Arborist assessment and pictures. Wouldn't even address it. After the third request I filed an appeal, see where that goes.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Has Anyone had Galls Like This on A Birch?

Please see attached photo. The entire tree has these. I have seen photos of these on Honey Locust as a result of Imprelis. Has anyone had galls Like this on a birch? What else could cause these?
Attached Images

Last edited by Geek; 04-06-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Attached photo of Galls on a Birch

Please see attached photo. The entire tree has these. I have seen photos of these on Honey Locust as a result of Imprelis. Has anyone had galls Like this on a birch? What else could cause these?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1216 View Post
Any updates? Additional class action money?

I received my 'settlement' from Dupont a year ago. Just submitted my 'additional claims' letter for 4 more trees a few weeks ago. Funny how the 4 largest trees in my yard (white pines) weren't mentioned in the initial settlement, but are now suffering. Dropping green needles is never good.....
Check out...

www.treedamagesettlement.com
Old 04-06-2014, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks. Yes, at www.treedamagesettlement.com was where I saw the Honey Locust pictures that looked identical to the Birch photo posted. I was wondering if Imprelis does the same thing to Birch or if there could be any other cause? It seems unlikely, but I wanted to check if anyone else has experienced the galls on a Birch as a result of Imprelis or any other cause.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Have any of you that elected to just be in the class action received your money yet? A neighbor says they still haven't
Old 05-04-2014, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Member

We have not been able to come up with a mutually agreeable settlement yet much less get a check. They (DuPont / Davey) did not record over half the trees that were damaged on their second survey of our property. A good number of those and many other trees they rated a 4 or 5 are now 1/2 or more dead from the top down. We filed an appeal with DuPont on Decemeber 3, 2013. Have not heard a peep. Tried calling the DuPont Imprelis hot line number, it has been taken out of service. Guess all that foot dragging (a common tactic in legal proceedings) is why they show an earnings increase of 1.58 on their price per share with sales of 10.1 Billion in the first quarter results.
Grasshopper 721D
Grasshopper 725D
Woods Tiller
Woods Gill Rake
Woods Scrapper
Tree Terminator
Titan Grapple
Vermeer 1500
Vermeer 352
And lots Stihl
Old 05-05-2014, 06:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Forest View Post
We have not been able to come up with a mutually agreeable settlement yet much less get a check. They (DuPont / Davey) did not record over half the trees that were damaged on their second survey of our property. A good number of those and many other trees they rated a 4 or 5 are now 1/2 or more dead from the top down. We filed an appeal with DuPont on Decemeber 3, 2013. Have not heard a peep. Tried calling the DuPont Imprelis hot line number, it has been taken out of service. Guess all that foot dragging (a common tactic in legal proceedings) is why they show an earnings increase of 1.58 on their price per share with sales of 10.1 Billion in the first quarter results.
I have the same problem. They scheduled a second survey for Nov 2013 which got postponed by Dupont until the spring. I called Dupont 3 weeks ago and was told that they were starting to schedule surveys in the next several weeks. Still have not heard anything. Time to call again.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Member

You have a number that works? The one on my appeal form says no longer in service. The claims person I talked to over the last few years is gone too, that number is no longer in service as well. Going to have to cut some trees down this year. Took down the 28 they approved but have about double that waiting. I really need a third survey but that is not part of the appeals process. Had an independent one done but they haven't recognize it thus far.