Old 04-26-2014, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I will do that DC...

Will also post pics of my dirty old bush hogging MF 242... lol
Old 04-27-2014, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. W. Landscapers, Inc. View Post
Not sure what your budget is but you should look at the Raptor and the FasTrak lines from Hustler. http://www.hustlerturf.com
To compare the ZT to a raptor is like comparing a Porsche to a Beetle.
The zt's best comparable mower is the Fastrak and at that its a heavier mower with a 3/16 deck over 11ga. and taller rear tires and heavier front forks.

The raptor is comparable to the Mz and Mz mag series we sell.

7 time consecutive largest Bad Boy dealer!

Bad Boy Mower Authorized Dealer

Intimidator Authorized dealer
Old 05-04-2014, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Member

10+ years ago I was in a similar situation. I opted for a 52" Cub Cadet at the time from a local tractor shop. It was about $3,500 at the time, but I loved it. Cut my mow time by about 60% between the ZTR factor and the fact I went up in deck size (42" previously). Costly, but worth every penny to me as I realize time is our most valuable resource, plus I just enjoyed mowing the yard.

No doubt in my mind, I would go with the bigger deck. Your property is big enough that you can appreciate it and for $50 it's a no-brainer IMO since you have no conflicts of gates, storage, etc.

FYI, if you are interested in Hustlers, check out the Raptor SD line. Heavier frame, bigger wheels, 2800 hydros, 23hp Kawi and several other nice upgrades...all for $3899. To me, that is comparable to the ZT Elite...maybe even better having the 2800 hydros. From what I can see on the BB site, the ZT comes with EZT's (2200's) which isn't as serviceable. And the Raptor SD is cheaper. The regular Raptor is only $2799 and has the 21.5hp Kawi and EZT hydros.

Just a thought.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm a homeower that got very lucky and found a commercial machine for dirt cheap, guys wife's dies, has to move, mower left for the taking. I got a 52 Exmark Lazer Z for 2750 with only 202 hours, I'm on my second season with it. I drove my friends Pioneer but it doesn't hold a candle to mine as far as ride and comfort. Buy a commercial machine if you can, better pumps, better ride and better cut.

I wanted one for speed, I can cut my grass (1.3 acres) in 1/3 less the time than my neighbors with tractors, yesterday I cut, trimmed and blew my yard and grilled, ate and had 4 beers by the time one neighbor finished just his back yard! Who has time to mow for 3 hours. My cut is WAY better as well and I have fun doing it not dreading it.

3/4 of my back yard.

http://i.imgur.com/pBJ8Jot.jpg