Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2014, 03:36 AM
LawnSite Member

ok i can take the bashing

harbor freight sells a lift made by pittsburg that is on sale for 99.99. I had a 25% off so I figured what the crap 75.00 wont be too much of a waste. the funny part is the lift works great, pedal operated hydraulic pump, may need to look into it for the price. it raises my Husqvarna 46 lawn tractor with ease.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Now you've got me thinking

Nolimits great idea with the ramps. My dad made ramps for his El Camino. We used them for decades. We always blocked the tires front and back and he had a stop in the front, which leveled off for about two feet..

I was thinking I could simply drive up the shed ramp, leave the front tires on the ledge, and pull the ramp out. I'd rather have a station, though, in the garage. My only concern is how light the front end is and tipping back. Whatever I do I will block it carefully.

Btw lLove that 'Vet. I also like the bench and will probably build one this summer if I can fit it in.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgstvrs View Post
harbor freight sells a lift made by pittsburg that is on sale for 99.99. I had a 25% off so I figured what the crap 75.00 wont be too much of a waste. the funny part is the lift works great, pedal operated hydraulic pump, may need to look into it for the price. it raises my Husqvarna 46 lawn tractor with ease.
Crgstvrs. Thanks for the tip. I will check that jack out, too. Harbor Freight is fun to walk through but the equipment I've purchased there has been junk, I have to say. That doesn't mean this jack is bad, though, and I will give it a look.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't mind buying a tool, or safety glasses or a 1,000lb capacity ramp for my 300lb snowblower. But I personally would not craw underneath my mower if a Harbor Freight jack was holding it up. Im not trying to be ignorant, but anything I have bought there has broken well before it should have but for the price it really doesn't matter.

Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN
Old 05-05-2014, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

not like I use it daily, id do good to use it 4 times a year or so, now if I was in the business repairing mowers on daily basis then yes od buy a more sturdy unit. tractor supply has pro lift version usually 149.00 and sometimes put that one on sale for 99.00. both seem to be made similar.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I use a set of servicing axles. Makes it easy to work on top and bottom sides, and for long term storage during the winter it is out of the way.

wrooster

Old 05-14-2014, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Wrooster that is a great idea. I may just take the deck off to work on it. The reason that I was looking to avoid that is because the dealer suggested I keep it on to avoid needing adjustments. I may try it anyway. Like those axles.