Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Sponsor

If you haven't gone through it yet, take a look at our lawn care website launch checklist. It'll help you catch some simple changes, like putting your phone # on the main page. You can access it here:

http://resources.yardsites.com/landi...n-care-website
Old 03-07-2014, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffTurfLawnCare View Post
Could you clarify the H1 H2 etc. I have been reading that and I'm not sure on the meanings or even the locations of these tags. I ran the site through an "SEO checker" and saw that it said my title tags are too long, I was gonna take the company name out of the title tags to shorten it under the 70 char threshold.

H stands for "heading". I am not sure what the Godaddy builder calls it- but you are probably using it to make words big and bold. Use Godaddy support if you need to.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2014, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

heading 1
heading 2

heading 3
heading 4

Old 03-08-2014, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Like the simplicity in light of your purpose.

I've got lots of pages because I like lots of stuff and my site is a hobby. But in general, I believe the wave of the future for year 2010 and forward, is no longer "content is king" ...... but, rather, simplicity and accuracy.

Not tons of stuff, but accurate, easy to read, and functional.

The only thing that I didn't care for was the contact page gave me no box to type you a message in.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 04-24-2014, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will bring this back up. I edited the pages, moved some info around and made a more personal "about us" page. Fixed the contact us form, too. I resubmitted the page for index and recrawl. What else am I missing or other tips to you guys have?
Old 05-06-2014, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffTurfLawnCare View Post
I will bring this back up. I edited the pages, moved some info around and made a more personal "about us" page. Fixed the contact us form, too. I resubmitted the page for index and recrawl. What else am I missing or other tips to you guys have?
I would have no idea how to change it in GoDaddy's system, but your top margin is unnecessarily large (the gap at the top, before your header/menu section starts). On most screens, that's approx 20% of the page being used for air.

- Instead of a 115 pixel top margin for the header/menu, it looks better at margin-top:15px.

- Your text logo could use a padding-left:15px to get it unstuck from the left side of your banner.

(see attached for a screen cap showing how both of the above changes look)

- I don't see a phone number or other, readily visible, contact or service area info (other than the menu option for the Contact page)

- The footer copyright info is jammed to the left side, making me think something might be broken there, or it's a padding or margin issue, as with the logo. The footer is also a great place to reiterate contact info.

- The Contact form, at least in Chrome, is not fully rendering. No idea how to tell you how to fix it in GoDaddy, but it looks to be an issue of the available space vs. the actual height of the form.

- From a visual consistency standpoint, it looks like you had two, entirely different people create the Services and About page. From one page to the next, the fonts, font sizes, and font colors are completely different.

- Service page... to kill two birds (seo and visitor engagement) with one stone (content), you can easily write some words around each of your services.

- You have massive gaps at the end of each page, especially Services. Services seems to have 300% of page height.

- With it being centered, the orange text on Services looks really awkward.

- I know others have pointed out your TITLE tags, and Headz gave you links to Moz for their Beginner's SEO Guide, but you really should follow the advice, read those, and apply what you learn. For example, your Services page has a TITLE of "Cut, Mow, Mulch, Trim, Plant and Prune". That's not good. By comparison, here is one of your competitors, albeit on the 1st page of Google results. Compare and contrast...
Cut, Mow, Mulch, Trim, Plant and Prune - Tuff Turf Lawn Care
We all love the arrival of spring and the lazy days of summer. This year, don't spend those warm days working away to fend off the never ending growth of your ...

Pittsburgh Lawn Care Services | Lawn Care Services Company in Pittsburgh ...
Professional Lawn Care Services in Pittsburgh, PA. 208 Overlook Drive, Pittsburgh, PA | Phone: (412)534-9002. Trying to maintain your own lawn care needs in ...
Questions, just yell.
Attached Images