Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Member

thoughts on these prices?

just starting up in Northern Alberta, up in Canada. Grande Prairie Area.

Threw together a price list, What would you maybe change? Keep in mind these are Canadian $$ in a city of 60,000 with not a lot of competition.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know much about overseeding, but the other services are high for my area. If you can pull it off go for it. I am in the land of 20-35 dollar aerations done by college kids.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback. I think this would fly around here. I just need to get a "quote" from the competition up here. Only about 3 companies that I know of. I really don't know about overseeding either. I feel like it ought to be a bit more than fertilizer, but really have no idea, haha.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxbox View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I think this would fly around here. I just need to get a "quote" from the competition up here. Only about 3 companies that I know of. I really don't know about overseeding either. I feel like it ought to be a bit more than fertilizer, but really have no idea, haha.
Go to school if you don't know about seeding then why would you offer that service you could be screwing your customer
Old 05-06-2014, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Member

We charge 25 per 1000sqft to plug and seed. Fertilizer and lime and straw and things are extra. We have a minimum 85 dollars though. 6000 and more it goes to 25 per.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm just east of you your prices are competitive. You could get more i think. Add 10 bucks more to all your prices
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2014, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

$149 min, covers up to 3,000sqft. $30 for each additional 1,000sqft. Includes core aeration, seed, and starter fert. Straw is extra, $7.50 per bale.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-08-2014, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Many companies charge a "base fee", which is essentially to cover the cost of arriving at the customer's site (as an average) (gas, truck cost and driver labor cost). This base fee also must include a fee to cover your overhead cost( rent, heat, electric, postage). Determine the overhead share by dividing last year's overhead by the number of stops you made.

Then charge for the labor by the sqft. Then charge for chemicals or seed by the sqft. Then charge for "machine rental time" per thousand sqft, so that the equipment used will be paid off in about 3 years. You need to determine your average time to do a thousand sqft, of course.

The result is a bit higher price for the first 1000 sqft, and a bit lower for additional sqft.
Say $CDN 20 stop charge and $5 per thousand sqft for fertilizer, seed or weed control. Maybe $15 per thousand for aeration (1 pass).

Last edited by RigglePLC; 10-08-2014 at 07:58 PM. Reason: ps
Old 10-08-2014, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

that sounds about right. There are signs all over my town $39 Aeration / Overseeding up to 5,000 sq. ft. Had a customer just the other day say well, theres a guy who will do it for $39! I said, well go call him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernturfpros View Post
$149 min, covers up to 3,000sqft. $30 for each additional 1,000sqft. Includes core aeration, seed, and starter fert. Straw is extra, $7.50 per bale.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-09-2014, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
that sounds about right. There are signs all over my town $39 Aeration / Overseeding up to 5,000 sq. ft. Had a customer just the other day say well, theres a guy who will do it for $39! I said, well go call him.
I would tell him, "that's your man then". Not worth wasting your time with people like that lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
aerate , aeration , overseed , prices