Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2014, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Domestic View Post
Thanks for the consult on my site SEO pros! That prob saved me $150 right there! I kid, I kid..
I, for one, enjoy the irony between what you tell people they shouldn't pay for and what you actually charge people for. After looking at two of your top results, I'd actually say a legit SEO and you perform similar services. If your Google results are the poop-filled yard, it's like this...

Pet Domestic
petdomestic.com/‎
00:00. Initializing... stage: 320x240 file: http://petdomestic.com/wp-content/up...roject-1_1.mp4 autoplay: false preload: none isvideo: true ...

Local | Pet Domestic
petdomestic.com/slider1/‎
Translate this page
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec nec enim massa. In et dui mollis, consequat augue placerat, blandit nunc. Donec aliquet arcu ac ...
But, if you hire a competent person, your Google results "yard" could look like this.
Pooper Scooper - DoodyCalls | Northern VA | Pet Waste ...
http://www.doodycalls.com/local_fran...n_dc...‎
DoodyCalls provides pet waste removal and disposal service in DC, Arlington, McLean, Centreville, and throughout northern Virginia. ... DC, Arlington, and McLean, as well as the other communities of both Fairfax and Loudoun County.
Sometimes you gotta hire a pro, especially if you're not capable of effectively going the DIY route. If you read through the archives, you'll find a lot of helpful info.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Sponsor

My retired neighbor thinks I'm burning money because I've hired a professional to take care of my yard. I think he's burning time. Seems like we always have one or the other.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Is there any concrete proof social media posts affects you're ranking?

Outside of google+
Posted via Mobile Device
No- including G+.

I use social media, but not to impact ranking. The only exception is that you can impact personalized search with G+.

http://searchenginewatch.com/article...ing-Algorithms
Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headz77 View Post
No- including G+.

I use social media, but not to impact ranking. The only exception is that you can impact personalized search with G+.

http://searchenginewatch.com/article...ing-Algorithms
When I search for a landscape-related keyword, it usually includes something from Headz being in my first page of Google results. Same goes for one of the mowing guys on here. There are definitely advantages to Google+, if you look at it as a retargeting ad vehicle of sorts.

(Retargeted ads are those ads you see from place to place, that tie back to a product you previously looked at. Say you check out a stereo on Amazon and, as you move along to other sites, you miraculously start noticing Amazon ads for that stereo. That's retargeting.)
Old 05-10-2014, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Buying a domain and building it is easy. I did all mine through Godaddy.com.

But the hard part is getting it to pop up when people "google" your services in your area. For example my site doesn't pop up when I search for "lawn care in Huntsville Texas".

Why? Because I don't know how to do SEO and will most likely have to pay someone to do it. We market a service that most people can do on their own. But allot of people can't do SEO for their site. I have bigger things to do rather than sit around and figure that out.

I need to make mow money!!!!!

Unfortunately your biggest overhead will be marketing. I got a few hits on YP.COM but how many people go there before they look on google? I don't.

2014 Bad Boy CZT 60"
Craftsman 21" Self Propelled
Echo SRM-210
Echo SRM-280t
Husqvarna 150bt Blower
2012 Chevy 1500
14' Landscape Trailer
Old 05-10-2014, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdean_74 View Post
Buying a domain and building it is easy. I did all mine through Godaddy.com.

But the hard part is getting it to pop up when people "google" your services in your area.
Because I don't know how to do SEO and will most likely have to pay someone to do it.
You are smart to know what you don't know. Before you hire someone, do some reading through this forum. And here are a couple good articles:

http://searchengineland.com/13-quest...nsultant-49855

http://www.localvisibilitysystem.com...ist-local-seo/

Feel free to vet someone here before you hire them.