Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-13-2014, 06:14 PM
JDMoore JDMoore is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Woods Cross, Utah
Posts: 2
easy software program

I am looking for a simple but effective software program that handles everything from scheduling services to collecting money. I have used servicepro but they want me to upgrade to servsuite and it seems to be more complicated..any advice? This is for a lawn fertilization with tree care also.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2014, 06:36 PM
www.rs-lawn.com www.rs-lawn.com is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Livonia, Mi
Posts: 29
I use service assistant from realgreensystems.com . I have been using their software for about 9 years, The cost is between 4-5k up front for the software. You get 6 months worth of tech support for free... I would negotiate for 1 year tho. Then you pay around 100 a month for support (worth it). It is a decent priced investment that you will not be sorry that you invested. Its easy to use once you learn the software. My employees have tablets in the truck that automatically post to my laptop in real time. If you decide to go with them give me a shout (Ryan from RS Lawn Care) bc they do give $100 visa cards for referrals. lol. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-16-2014, 06:47 PM
JDMoore JDMoore is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Woods Cross, Utah
Posts: 2
Thanks for the info. I have been using Servicepro and they did an upgrade to Servsuite and it is so much different I am having a real hard time working with it. The upgrades are pretty good but it seems to me there is more work to be done then is necessary so I am hoping to find something this old dog can learn quickly...anyway thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-2014, 09:11 AM
BreezeTO BreezeTO is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, ON CAN
Posts: 3
Try Service Autopilot...it does everything you need

serviceautopilot.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2014, 10:23 AM
elbow300 elbow300 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chattanooga TN
Posts: 51
We have been using Gopher for several years, but are currently in transition to Service Autopilot. Gopher is simple and effective, and good for a one truck operation, or maybe a little more. The cost is a one time buy of between $100 and $300, depending on the version you need. The limitation with Gopher is that only one PC/laptop has the software, so one person is the "keeper of the realm" so to speak. If you have staff that need access to the info, they have to call or email the person with the computer. If you have a bookkeeper, he/she will probably have the computer and there is always something you need out of it.
We are adopting Service Autopilot now. The cost goes up exponentially as it is a "membership" rather than software. It's all web based, and can be accessed with mobil devices. Seems to be able to handle functions such as exact job costing and estimate templates, but it is complicated, and you will need a real commitment to learn it and get it rolled out. I'm not 100% convinced they have the staff in place to handle everything they promise, but we will see...
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-24-2014, 11:13 PM
MJH MJH is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 17
Service Autopilot

Service Autopilot for sure the best option and not that expensive either. I was quite surprised at how low the cost was.

Great video tutorials to help get you started and great customer care too. Probably a good idea to get between seasons as any new software scheduling that is worth having is going to take some time to learn.
__________________
Efficient Lawn Maintenance LLC
Grandville MI 49418
Since 2004
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-07-2014, 05:35 PM
mhelpdesk mhelpdesk is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: we international!!!
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMoore View Post
I am looking for a simple but effective software program that handles everything from scheduling services to collecting money. I have used servicepro but they want me to upgrade to servsuite and it seems to be more complicated..any advice? This is for a lawn fertilization with tree care also.
I'd love to show you our software. Over 10,000 businesses are using it to manage their jobs, scheduling, CRM, invoicing and mobile payments. We're top rated on capterra, software advice and Getapp.

Let me know if we can jump on a call.
__________________
Mhelpdesk - Highest Reviewed and Top Rated Landscaping Software

Watch a 2-minute demo!

Email: ryan@mhelpdesk.com
Web: www.mhelpdesk.com
Phone: 888-558-6275


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Falcon50EX's Avatar
Falcon50EX Falcon50EX is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbow300 View Post
We have been using Gopher for several years, but are currently in transition to Service Autopilot. Gopher is simple and effective, and good for a one truck operation, or maybe a little more. The cost is a one time buy of between $100 and $300, depending on the version you need. The limitation with Gopher is that only one PC/laptop has the software, so one person is the "keeper of the realm" so to speak. If you have staff that need access to the info, they have to call or email the person with the computer. If you have a bookkeeper, he/she will probably have the computer and there is always something you need out of it.
We are adopting Service Autopilot now. The cost goes up exponentially as it is a "membership" rather than software. It's all web based, and can be accessed with mobil devices. Seems to be able to handle functions such as exact job costing and estimate templates, but it is complicated, and you will need a real commitment to learn it and get it rolled out. I'm not 100% convinced they have the staff in place to handle everything they promise, but we will see...
Posted via Mobile Device
I am a solo one truck and one computer guy. I do fert and would like a way to track and add customers with ease. Now i use excel and have to up date every page not fun. Would Gopher work just for tracking and record keeping of chemicals.
__________________

Training them early
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-2014, 08:59 PM
grassmasterswilson grassmasterswilson is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: nc
Posts: 3,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
I am a solo one truck and one computer guy. I do fert and would like a way to track and add customers with ease. Now i use excel and have to up date every page not fun. Would Gopher work just for tracking and record keeping of chemicals.
Right there with your Richard.

I'm sure a lot of this software is wonderful but spending 1000s upfront and 100s per month is just too expensive for the little guy.

I do mowing and apps. Being able to invoice, schedule, make field notes, etc would be great.

Right now I'm working off a spreadsheet and billing through quick books.
__________________
GrassMasters, LLC
Wilson, NC
www.grassmasterswilson.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-22-2014, 09:02 PM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SouthEast
Posts: 1,758
I used gopher. It was ok. But limited to one computer wasnt convenient. I switched to service autopiilot earlier in the year and its been worth every penny to me so far. Very good for scheduling lawn apps.. cant wait to get chem app tracking. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.06924 seconds with 9 queries