Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 05-08-2014, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Hustler Super Z Wheel Hug

I know this issue has been addressed before but I am not having any luck removing my wheel hub on my Super Z. Here are the symptoms I'm having.
Left wheel will not move forward or backwards. It won't move with the relief valve open. I removed the wheel and the large nut on the hub and placed the puller on the lug studs. I tightened it down with a breaker bar and hit it with all types of hammers including a giant sledge hammer. The hub hasn't moved a millimeter. I've sprayed several penetrating oils and it's soaked for 48 hours now and it still will not come off. I'm thinking there is something that is sheered internally that is holding the hub. Is there any ideas that you may have to help resolve this issue? Thanks
Old 05-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Sponsor

You better have your big boy torque wrench when you put this back together!
try turning the keyway to 9:00, the smack the hub at 3:00, you can do 12:00 and 6:00 or whatever, just be 180 degrees from where you strike and where the key is.

Brian O
Old 05-08-2014, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlermidwest View Post
You better have your big boy torque wrench when you put this back together!
try turning the keyway to 9:00, the smack the hub at 3:00, you can do 12:00 and 6:00 or whatever, just be 180 degrees from where you strike and where the key is.

Brian O
I've got the big boy torque wrench ready! I'll be happy to use it. I will give this a try when I get home this evening. Thanks Brian!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squalls30 View Post
I've got the big boy torque wrench ready! I'll be happy to use it. I will give this a try when I get home this evening. Thanks Brian!
Well since I can't move the wheel hub forward or backwards I can't do what you recommended. Any other ideas.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Sponsor

I said it didn't have to be 3:00 and 9:00 just 180 degrees. so if the key is at 1:30 hit the hub at 7:30.
Is it locked hydraulically or are the brakes locked. I trust you brought the handles in to release the parking brake.

Brian O
Old 05-08-2014, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I can't move the wheel hub forward or backwards. The key way is at about 7 o'clock. I'm hitting it at 1 o'clock. No luck. I actually think the key is pushed in and that's what's holding the hub from moving forward or reverse. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.
Sam
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Sponsor

Let's see what the field says..
Anybody have a shade tree secret they would like to share?
Brian O
Old 05-08-2014, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Member

The brakes are released. I think hit the release valve on pump and still wouldn't move. I disconnected hydraulic line and tries also. It will only move about a 1/4" play in neutral.

I've beat the crap out of the hub. No luck yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2014, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Member

It's in neutral. Has about a 1/4" play back and forth movement in the forward and backward wheel direction.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2014, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Is there a way to push the key out thru the back. I think the key is causing the main problem. Or an easy way to remove the key. Thought about trying to drill it and pull out????
Posted via Mobile Device