Register free!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2014, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
I adjust the control panels as well if they are outside. Either way if I show up and the lawn is in drought stress we leave a premade notice explaining our preferred watering schedule and a hand written note explaining we did not "Mow" if it was too dry to avoid damage, a courtesy many companies do not offer or understand the importance of apparently.
The end of this week some lawns were dry...next week in the incorrect companies hands there will be tire marks up and down the lawns.
Pretty much the same way. We don't mow just to mow. We skipped 60% of our lawns 3 weeks ago. I send out emails outlining our concerns and recommended watering schedules.

I was lucky enough to catch a couple customers (ones with interior clocks) home last week and was able to turn on the systems and or adjust times as needed.

The worst are the ones that rent their second or third homes out and the tenants monkey with the clock. Had one that had new sod installed last year and was a very nice property. Home owner bought another home and rented this one out. Renters come in turn off the clock and trash the place. They ended up evicting them but the clock was inside. Property owner told me she couldn't go on the property during the eviction process. They finally got the "renters" out last month and just now got the irrigation on 2 weeks ago, lawn is slowly rebounding.