Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-10-2014, 09:06 PM
baileylawnservice's Avatar
baileylawnservice baileylawnservice is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tulsa OK
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
If you hit something going forward that would put compression on it. A tensile load would occur if deck caught something backing off trailer. A side shouldn't do it. This is an obvious under designed part considering the weight of that deck...
That looks the same as my 36". I wonder if that part is bigger on the 52" and 61"
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 PM
baileylawnservice's Avatar
baileylawnservice baileylawnservice is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tulsa OK
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileylawnservice View Post
That looks the same as my 36". I wonder if that part is bigger on the 52" and 61"
Posted via Mobile Device
I would contact scag on Facebook. I have had several instances where we communicated through social media
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-10-2014, 09:48 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileylawnservice View Post
That looks the same as my 36". I wonder if that part is bigger on the 52" and 61"
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think so ......and another item of concern is the related parts are wearing. It would cost over $500 to get all new. Just take you foot and push around on the deck and hear stuff banging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileylawnservice View Post
I would contact scag on Facebook. I have had several instances where we communicated through social media
Posted via Mobile Device
I thought facebook was for people who are looking for friends not asking technical information?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-10-2014, 09:52 PM
baileylawnservice's Avatar
baileylawnservice baileylawnservice is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tulsa OK
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I don't think so ......and another item of concern is the related parts are wearing. It would cost over $500 to get all new. Just take you foot and push around on the deck and hear stuff banging.


I thought facebook was for people who are looking for friends not asking technical information?
No post your pics and story to there page. I did and was able to get open house price on a turf tiger long after the open house was over
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-11-2014, 03:17 AM
djagusch djagusch is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
If you hit something going forward that would put compression on it. A tensile load would occur if deck caught something backing off trailer. A side shouldn't do it. This is an obvious under designed part considering the weight of that deck...
Well my guys haven't broke it and they are rough on everything. Is it greased? Do they curb hop alot?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-11-2014, 11:40 AM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Well my guys haven't broke it and they are rough on everything. Is it greased? Do they curb hop alot?
Posted via Mobile Device
It is greased but now that you bring up the curb hop......I forgot about that. For all the WB I made a special board but didn't think to do it for this machine. THANKS
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.07591 seconds with 10 queries