Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-11-2014, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't get people

ok I found this video.

I don't get people. I have this same trimmer and to me personally it's the best trimmer made out there. I've had it for 2 years so far with zero issues whatsoever.

That's just the beginning.

I also have a Honda trimmer which happens to have the same exact engine, a Honda, that is on this Husqvarna trimmer. I've been using this trimmer for 12 years now with zero problems whatsoever. I've never changed the spark plug, primer bulb, pull cord, or anything. All I've done is change the oil like you are supposed to do for maintenance.

This trimmer is indestructible and it IS the best trimmer I've ever used in my life. there is simply no comparison and I've used a lot of 2 stroke husqvarnas and stihls through the years. These Honda engine 4strokes blow them out of the water.

I will never understand why "other" people in the world have such an opposite experience when they use the same product???

anyways here is the video. You will watch it and think oh wow i'll never get a 4 stroke they are a piece of crap but you could never be more wrong in that assumption.

This video is 100% wrong.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats was kind of funny. Maybe he's just a stihl fan and was having fun. Would take alot for me to destroy a weedeater like that, what's that going for around$350 maybe?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

that trimmer did not have a few years on it and the epa did not have none adjustable carbs a few years back. If it was my dolmar id have that trimmer fixed for $100 in parts or less lol
Old 05-11-2014, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What a moron.

Nothing a little time and effort couldn't have fixed. He would have been better off using the sledge on the dealer who charged him $50 and gave it back to him in the same condition.

Weeze- he did say "at his elevation" it didn't run right because he couldn't adjust the carb. So go buy a different carb, or sell that to someone and buy one with an adjustable carb.......right?
Old 05-11-2014, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

this trimmer is about $425 after tax and all. it costs more since it accepts different attachments. the main part of the trimmer connected to the engine is solid shaft and the attachment part is a flexible shaft. the Honda I have was $300. The entire shaft on the Honda is flexible shaft. I use the Husqvarna for an edger right now and I will have it for a backup trimmer. the edger attachment for it was another $99.

yeah this carb is not adjustable but that is a good thing. it never gets out of whack. he must have some kind of elevation problem but i'm sure the dealer would have set it up for his elevation before it was ever sold. when I bought mine brand new they crank it up first thing at the dealer to make sure everything runs perfectly before you leave. maybe his dealer just sucks? I dunno.

heck he could have sent it to me. I would have taken it off of his hands. no need to throw $400 down the drain.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Your trimmer hasn't seen much use if in 12 years you've never changed either the spark plug the pull cord or the primer bulb, that or you have a one in a thousand or so machine, there's no miracles here.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

well I will clarify. 8 years on my own yard which was about half an acre and a few others and then 4 years in my business.

when I used it on my own yard I helped a friend mow his parent's business and I spent 2hrs or so trimming the ditch down by the road so it was a lot of trimming even in those years.

Honda just makes good stuff unlike my stihl br600 which the primer bulb had to be changed after only 2 years.

the Honda primer bulbs are just better. it's that simple.

I've never had to change a pull cord on any mower or trimmer or blower I've ever owned.

I do have a stihl bg75 that was my grandfather's but it still has the original pull cord on it. the primer bulb finally went out on it and the gas cap needed to be replaced. that thing is who knows how old though?

come to think of it I've never had to change a spark plug either. usually by that time the mower is ready to be thrown away anyways.

heck I drove my 88' Toyota truck for 300k miles and I only changed the plugs 1 time. they didn't really need it but I gave it a tune up just for the heck of it.

my craftsman pushmower with Honda gcv160 engine has never had any problems in 12 years either. same cord, same spark plug, no primer bulb on it though.

I dunno maybe i'm just lucky? or I just treat my equipment good? I dunno you tell me. this is my experience though. this is all I know and all I have to go by.

Last edited by weeze; 05-12-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

And all without safety glasses. Says a lot.
30 years in business
Old 05-12-2014, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watatrp View Post
And all without safety glasses. Says a lot.
I don't even wear sun glasses. I'm a stupid rebel, I guess.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 05-12-2014, 08:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
I don't even wear sun glasses. I'm a stupid rebel, I guess.
You would change your mind the first time you talked to a person that had their eyeball exploded by a rock while trimming. That's why we live in America-we have a right to choose what we want to do.
30 years in business