Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Townhouse Yards's Avatar
Townhouse Yards Townhouse Yards is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Domestic View Post
Love these lawns. Panorama of another pet waste free lawn in Potomac, MD, with Lola chilling on the patio. (Side note: National franchise pooper scooper company couldn't do the work because scared of their three Bernese mountain dogs. HA!)

And another angle of a beautiful McLean, VA home with twice weekly pooper scooper service.
Nice job man, those lawns look great! What vehicles do your techs use?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Bryan27 Bryan27 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by cli99 View Post
Sorry if I was a little rude in this post or my other ones. Yea for some people like elderly, people who think there top good, and busy people this is a great service. I only said that the local company buy me was a rip-off because they were charging for once a week with 2 dogs for medium sized yard for 1 year was around a grand!!! Your prices seam reasonable. Now do you take care of like dog sitting places? There's a place by my house that "baby sits" dogs durning the day. I would imagine there's 10+ dogs there. So would you guys visit regularly to pick up the poop because they could never "keep up"? Good luck!
That doesn't seem out of line to me. Weekly service of $20/week x 52 week/year would be $1040/year. Not many people who can afford to pay someone to pick up after their pets are going to bat an eye at $20/week. I have a 100lb bulldog/great dane mix, if someone were to come along and offer to clean up after him for $20 a week while I'm in the backyard with my pooper scooper and a plastic bag, I wouldn't be able to get the money out of my wallet fast enough.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-13-2014, 10:08 AM
Pet Domestic's Avatar
Pet Domestic Pet Domestic is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: McLean, VA
Posts: 36
Today's customer is more educated and cost is always a factor. $20/week would be on the higher end for my business. I charge $20+/visit only for a very large yards and/or several dogs. Typical homes are $15.95 for a small yard and two dogs.

We've positioned our rates to be extremely competitive, and we also match any other company if a customers finds one lower.
__________________
Ethan @ Pet Domestic
Tired of mowing over dog poop? Partner with us! ($$$)
petdomestic.com
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-13-2014, 07:43 PM
cli99's Avatar
cli99 cli99 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mentor, Ohio
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan27 View Post
That doesn't seem out of line to me. Weekly service of $20/week x 52 week/year would be $1040/year. Not many people who can afford to pay someone to pick up after their pets are going to bat an eye at $20/week. I have a 100lb bulldog/great dane mix, if someone were to come along and offer to clean up after him for $20 a week while I'm in the backyard with my pooper scooper and a plastic bag, I wouldn't be able to get the money out of my wallet fast enough.

Yea, no it doesent seem that bad. I just really never did the math ! Yea my dog is about 7 lbs so its poop is very small and usually so small it usually gets lost in the grass! Now a 100 lb dog, yea I would call you guys!!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-13-2014, 07:44 PM
cli99's Avatar
cli99 cli99 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mentor, Ohio
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townhouse Yards View Post
Nice job man, those lawns look great! What vehicles do your techs use?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea wondering the same, trucks, vans, cars, roll off dumpster trucks for all the poop...
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Captain Mike Captain Mike is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Plymouth,Mi
Posts: 33
I picked up an account and I swear...the dog doo hasn't been picked up in 2 years. 1/4 acre lot and its every 18" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you charge for that??

I raked the front yard and pulled out 20 bags of leaves!!!!

UGH, the backyard is where all the poo bombs are
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:47 AM
gardengnome's Avatar
gardengnome gardengnome is online now
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Easley. SC
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Domestic View Post
Today's customer is more educated and cost is always a factor. $20/week would be on the higher end for my business. I charge $20+/visit only for a very large yards and/or several dogs. Typical homes are $15.95 for a small yard and two dogs.

We've positioned our rates to be extremely competitive, and we also match any other company if a customers finds one lower.
How does that translate to an hourly rate? How much time do you spend on site? What do you consider to be a small yard? Or a large for that matter? you said you disinfect, I assume you are talking about your tools? Do you offer anything for those wonderful saucer sized dead spots you get from ***** urine?

The included censorship relates to the term used for a female dog. Political correctness, hmmppff!
__________________
Barend

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Pet Domestic's Avatar
Pet Domestic Pet Domestic is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: McLean, VA
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengnome View Post
How does that translate to an hourly rate? How much time do you spend on site? What do you consider to be a small yard? Or a large for that matter? you said you disinfect, I assume you are talking about your tools? Do you offer anything for those wonderful saucer sized dead spots you get from ***** urine?

The included censorship relates to the term used for a female dog. Political correctness, hmmppff!

We've kept the service very simple so far, only removing pet waste and disinfecting our tools. We just this week started offering deodorizer treatment which has been requested by a number of our clients with patios and walkways their dogs target.

As for dead spot repair, I haven't offered that yet, but would be interested! Many of our lawns are sporting the scars of battle with dog feces/urine. What do you guys recommend? I would want the treatment to be consistent with our environmentally-friendly services. Ideas?
__________________
Ethan @ Pet Domestic
Tired of mowing over dog poop? Partner with us! ($$$)
petdomestic.com
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Pet Domestic's Avatar
Pet Domestic Pet Domestic is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: McLean, VA
Posts: 36
Another happy customer with twice weekly pooper scooper service in Leesburg, VA! Thanks Mr. W for permission to photograph.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Ethan @ Pet Domestic
Tired of mowing over dog poop? Partner with us! ($$$)
petdomestic.com
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-15-2014, 02:09 PM
CL&T CL&T is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 491
Hey, not knocking you in the least but really, your customers are PIGS! Those are nice houses and nice lawns. Why don't they let their dogs crap on the living room rug too? The real answer is that people like that have no business owning animals in the first place because they can't take care of them. But hey, if they are that stupid you might as well take their money.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dogs , pooper scooper , stripes

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Page generated in 0.09903 seconds with 10 queries