Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2014, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

First Department of Ag Inspection

Had my first Department of Ag agent approach and inspect me today. I was surprised to see him as I have always been told their is only 18 or 19 of them in the state, figure they did not have time to mess with lawn guys.
He informed me that there was now over 68 of them doing inspections because of some other division being absorbed by the ag division that does inspectors or something to that nature. He also informed me that he went into this gated guarded community today only to check lawn guys and that he had only found myself and one other that were legal.

I got a written warning for not having the name of license holder ( I have a card through a PCO) on my truck and trailer. I would of have had that but I was using one of my lettered trucks that is a backup/estimate/sales truck that does not contain the 1.5 block name of the PCO because the fuel pump went out on the regular truck for that route, otherwise I would of been golden.

But with them checking lawn guys and them now having over 68 agents in the field - I have a feeling they are going to collect some major revenues.

For you guys that do applications including just round up. I got checked for

1. ID card
2. Lettering on Truck and Trailer (only needed because I am actually under PCO license)
3. Spill Kit in the truck
4. Chemicals properly stored - Round up is not able to just be stored in the bed of your truck FYI for those of you that do not know.
5. That I had application signs (in my case I had signs for the company who's license I can apply under)

The two agents (one in training) were nice and helpful. I informed them that I appreciated them taking the time to inspect lawn guys, especially after them telling me that they had came into that community (heathrow) with the intention of only check lawn mowing operations and apparently only found myself and one other guy that actually were properly licensed to apply Round Up etc. Good to know that having the license /id card and doing the right thing has paid off. That was my first time I actually ever seen a inspector let alone was inspected by one.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!