Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Sponsor

Stripe is pretty good. We see more and more people moving to them when they use our e-payments. Just today they announced that funds now get transfer to your bank in two days.

https://twitter.com/stripe/status/466698582439911424

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 05-16-2014, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Two things to be aware of with PayPal, which can make you wonder "Why the heck was it declined". I had both of these happen and after quite a while finally got answers (paypal wouldn't tell me, client had to contact them to get answers)

1. If someone attempts to just pay with credit card (instead of logging into their PP account) and that CC is already tied to a PP account as a funding source, it rejected it, they had to log in to paypal and tell it to fund off of that card. [Yet on the clients end, their bank showed a authorization for each attempt, I was there looking at their online banking with them]

2. When someone is paying directly with a credit card instead of paying through a paypal account, there is a limit of transactions that a single card can do per vendor, limited by dollar amount (total across all transactions) and number of times the card can be used. I can't remember the exact amounts, but I think it was like $10,000 or 20 payments. Once they reach the limit of payment, they have to have a paypal account and tie the CC as a funding method to use it.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
Stripe is pretty good. We see more and more people moving to them when they use our e-payments. Just today they announced that funds now get transfer to your bank in two days.

https://twitter.com/stripe/status/466698582439911424
Yep, that's been nice. They phased us in on that a couple/few weeks ago. A very nice shot, straight across PayPal's bow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-16-2014, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Yep, that's been nice. They phased us in on that a couple/few weeks ago. A very nice shot, straight across PayPal's bow.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like how the money is inlimbo for those two days. With QB, direct deposits take a few days meanwhile funds are withdrawn from your accounton the initial day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-20-2014, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't like the use of the generic/stock photos. Take pictures of you, your truck, your equipment, your yards, etc. Make it more personal.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 05-20-2014, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a free trial of wordpress? The reason to see if we can build a site in it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Sponsor

ETM you can use wordpress.com or wordpress.org. Both are free but work a bit differently.

The .com is hosted by them and so you could get the domain jobber.wordpress.com and you can setup a custom domain name if you want. It is free but they have plans for it if you want.

The .org is also free, but requires a host. Once you have a website host setup, then most have 1 click installs for wordpress you can use and you are up and running.

-Landen

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 05-21-2014, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'd go with Jobber's 2nd recommendation. Pick a web host and pay the $5-$10 for the month, install Wordpress from the control panel, and start experimenting. You could also upload a premium theme and see how you manage getting it in shape. When you feel comfortable, you can point your domain name away from Yahoo's to your new server and you're ready to go.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We are finding wordpress is not so easy. Our theme is twenty forteen and is difficult for us to understand. Everytime we do something we have to refer to youtube. If not for youtube we would be lost lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2014, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
We are finding wordpress is not so easy. Our theme is twenty forteen and is difficult for us to understand. Everytime we do something we have to refer to youtube. If not for youtube we would be lost lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
The good premium theme providers, such as the Studiopress Genesis Framework and their related themes, might be a good place to start. Others are Woothemes and Elegant Themes. For a budget-friendly price, you can get a great theme and, for your needs, phenomenal support, tutorials, and forums.