Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-14-2014, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Member

A Few Pix of the Toro MX4260 and QOC

Thought I'd share a few pix. Overall I'm impressed with the quality of cut and the apparent heft or solidity of the machine. I've only used it twice and before that have always pushed with a 21", so take it easy on me. Also, lawn is dry and hasn't fully sprung back from winter, yet.
DC
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2014, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Cannot seem to post more than one pix at a time. So here is another of qoc.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2014, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Member

The deck is 10 gauge with bull nose; 4" depth; two blades.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2014, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Engine is Kawasaki FR691V 23hp. More power than I need. I can throttle down to a purr with no stuttering. It's new, of course, but it starts, runs flawlessly. The 2014 machines all come with hitches. Not supposed to tow more than 80lbs. but they do market them to tow attachments, specifically, Brinley. I also have the bagger but am trying the mulch kit until fall. Does not blow grass into mulch beds but does dump a small clump when stopping or turning, of course. Driveway cleanup is a bit of an added job- I don't care to simply blow it back onto the lawn.

Pleased.

DC
Old 05-14-2014, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Forgot the last pic.
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2014, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Your new mow-chine there is a tight and seems to be a well built solid home mower. I was considering one of those MX's myself, congrats and happy mowing.

Gusto
Old 05-16-2014, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks, Gusto. Looking forward to seeing your new Hustler. When I was shopping I found it strange that it was hard to find info. I hope the posts and pix will help future folks make informed decisions.

DC
Old 05-17-2014, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Looks great! Maybe if I get some time after I mow next, I'll share some pics of my Pioneer and the work it does. One thing that I did he last time that seemed to make my stripes 3 times as nice looking was set all the tire pressures to what the manual says if you haven't done that. My back tires I had gotten down to the 13 psi that was suggested but I didn't touch the front ones. I realized they were all supposed to be at 13 and the fronts were at 26 from the dealer! Needless to say it made the stripes a lot more dark and the QOC appeared to be a lot better, minus the dandelions that somehow duck under the blades!

Also I found the spring growth here in PA to be to much for the mulch kit to handle. I had to take to take it off for now and its a pain trying to put the chute up and down to try and get good dispersal of the clippings yet keep it out of the beds but its better than a 5 gallon bucket or more of crap to scrape off each time.

I don't know if they make it for that mower but I just got the attachment that mounts on the arm in the front and then you stick a trailer jack on it to raise it up and clean the deck/change blades. I have found it is the best $140 I spent so far for the thing because it gets it high enough to easily get the blades of and its easy to use/not in the way like when I was driving it onto car ramps.

Last edited by theeplaymaker; 05-17-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not a big fan of toro but I like the machine you have seems to leave nice stripes also congrats.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
05' Gravely 148z 1700+ hours 21 hp Kawi
Echo Trimmers
5x10 (upgrading winter)

Alabama Group
http://www.lawnsite.com/group.php?groupid=108
John Deere Group
http://www.lawnsite.com/group.php?groupid=109

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 05-17-2014, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Theplaymaker Thanks. So far the mulch kit is working beyond my expectations. I mowed Wednesday, it poured last night, and I mowed today because it suddenly shot up like 2 inches. Not a single clump. I think the wind dried the grass but the soil is still moist. I have the luxury of waiting for the grass to be dry. Thinking about deck maintenance still and will probably get a jack like you have. Need an angle grinder, too, for the blades.

I'll post a few more pix tomorrow. Grass is greening up and thickening. I raised the deck a half inch as well (to 31/2").