Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-22-2014, 09:59 PM
oqueoque oqueoque is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseylandscaping View Post
All,

I am in the process of making up flyers. I have a copy mechine so makking them up is no problom for me. the question is How can i attach flyers to the doors? Ive heard of stapleing rubber bands to them and a few others. What is the best way of doing this? thanks
Bow and arrow. It is fast and almost all will be read.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-08-2014, 11:19 PM
smlc451 smlc451 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Eagan, MN
Posts: 75
I have 4"x6" flyers on UV stock that I can pass out or throw in a plastic door hanger bag. You can buy the bags in bulk from uline.com cheap. Saves money on buying separate door hanger flyers. I recommend not buying the same sized bags as the flyers, since they're a ***** trying to put in.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-09-2014, 10:57 AM
PicturePerfectLawns PicturePerfectLawns is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExmarkBoy View Post
I've found that flyers are a HUGE waste of time and money. Just get a mailing list for free through your local library, and send out a good sales letter. Content is more important than looks to be honest. If you make it compelling, I've seen people who wrote with a sharpie on yellow lined paper and mailed it to HIGH END clients and saw impressive results. Sometimes as high as a 5% sales rate. Make it feel personal. Hope this helped!

Maybe for you. But what works for you may not work for others. I've found a huge success with door flyers.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-19-2014, 11:57 PM
bfleming98 bfleming98 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rome, MI
Posts: 15
Be careful with flyers. They take a lot of time to hand out. But it is somewhere to start.

If you need to get more customers why not try the internet?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-25-2014, 10:34 AM
OPTIMISTIC OPTIMISTIC is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 59
@bfleming98, Internet is a great way to advertise and promote your services, however actually getting "unique hits" through a search engine or social media is the difficult portion. Facebook and the likes would be easier than submitting your website's URL through a search engine hoping for "unique hits" to come through. In order to obtain unique visitors you need to dominate your area in concerns with SEO. In order to get more content that is searchable through bot crawlers and the like you must have pages indexed, so that Google/Yahoo will pull that meta data to provide your listings if someone was to search City, State landscaping services or City, State lawn services.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-27-2014, 07:03 PM
PicturePerfectLawns PicturePerfectLawns is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPTIMISTIC View Post
@bfleming98, Internet is a great way to advertise and promote your services, however actually getting "unique hits" through a search engine or social media is the difficult portion. Facebook and the likes would be easier than submitting your website's URL through a search engine hoping for "unique hits" to come through. In order to obtain unique visitors you need to dominate your area in concerns with SEO. In order to get more content that is searchable through bot crawlers and the like you must have pages indexed, so that Google/Yahoo will pull that meta data to provide your listings if someone was to search City, State landscaping services or City, State lawn services.
Would using a web-biased proxy server or IP changer that changes on the click of a button and clicking on the link from several thousand different locations be handy in this?
__________________
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.


For all your Mower Parts, Support a Small Family Man Business. Google ZERO TURN MAN.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-27-2014, 10:40 PM
oqueoque oqueoque is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfleming98 View Post
Be careful with flyers. They take a lot of time to hand out. But it is somewhere to start.

If you need to get more customers why not try the internet?
If you are a fat old man like me, it is a great way to get back into shape in March. If you have new hires, it can show you who can take the daily grind also.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Dr. Cornwallis Dr. Cornwallis is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Valrico, Fl
Posts: 476
I'm going to start using a nice brown recycled paper bag envelope that's been hand addressed with my postcard inside to try and target specific houses I want to service, I figure this way they'll at least open it and glance at my postcard.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Dennisaduval Dennisaduval is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Orange, Texas
Posts: 31
Anyone tried placing flyers on vehicles while people are shopping? You can hit a lot of parked cars in a very short period of time. Once I got a static cling ad on my drivers side window from sonic. Also from my experience in the pizza business many moons ago, this works well for restaurants.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-28-2014, 05:50 PM
PostcardMania's Avatar
PostcardMania PostcardMania is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cornwallis View Post
I'm going to start using a nice brown recycled paper bag envelope that's been hand addressed with my postcard inside to try and target specific houses I want to service, I figure this way they'll at least open it and glance at my postcard.
Posted via Mobile Device
Why the additional step of putting your postcards in envelopes and making letters out of them?

When you mail/pass out postcards the message is right there on the front, so the recipient can see what itís offering immediately. Letters are concealed in an envelope. Most people will throw away a marketing letter without ever opening it. Postcards eliminate this barrier. Recipients see your message and therefore you accomplish half the battle of marketing.
__________________
Best,

Sylvia Heneghan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.07031 seconds with 9 queries