Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-30-2014, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettMan View Post
question entirely off tpoic as usual, but this brings me to ask, Rainbird, why dont you make the SMT with a wireless sensor!?

Otherwise it remains a cadillac with hand crank-windows.

durn it.
Yes! 1000 percent agree!

I remember asking a rb reb eons ago why the sell sell that POS surepop head. Never got a straight answer as the embarssment in his face said it all. Rb doesnt get it and never will. perhaps orbit will buy them out and complete the cycle!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven2510 View Post
Hunter already has that, the ACC controller does this. We just installed two 2-wire ACC controllers. One is for a schools fields & their future expansion. The other was for an HOA that we condensed from 126 valves down to 67, with IMMS control & weather station.
Except I don't install Hunter. Installed one if their ET systems on a site and was not that impressed with it. The solar sync is basically a toy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
Except I don't install Hunter. Installed one if their ET systems on a site and was not that impressed with it. The solar sync is basically a toy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Unfortunately so is RBs ET SMT controller. I used to sell, now I install.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
This is another favorite from the same site.....

Wow .... that gives new meaning to planting high.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
What I really really want is the functionality of an SMT in a large form factor (like the ESP-LXMEF) with the ability to monitor flow, run stations concurrently and be pedestal mounted. That would be a hard product to beat.
YES! YES! YES!

I told my RB rep this 4 years ago. I have several acreage sites with ESP-LXM controllers and ET-Manager cartridges that I would change tomorrow if this became available. I think that it won't though, because then what happens to all those companies tha have contracted with RB to provide the weather data for the ET-Manager? I really think the ET-Manager is just a step above a solar sync, yeah it uses more data to make decisions but it's still making changes to the seasonal adjust for the entire program rather than adjustments per zone like the SMT.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcg View Post
YES! YES! YES!

I told my RB rep this 4 years ago. I have several acreage sites with ESP-LXM controllers and ET-Manager cartridges that I would change tomorrow if this became available. I think that it won't though, because then what happens to all those companies tha have contracted with RB to provide the weather data for the ET-Manager? I really think the ET-Manager is just a step above a solar sync, yeah it uses more data to make decisions but it's still making changes to the seasonal adjust for the entire program rather than adjustments per zone like the SMT.
The good news for RB is that the ET manager is not their product. They license the core technology from a division Campbell Scientific. Even if RB discontinued the ET manager tomorrow Irrisoft still sells their version of the product. The signal providers aren't under any obligation to RB from what I can tell. I personally hate the ET manager. It's too damn expensive and the service fee is too high to essentially have somebody adjust your water budget or interrupt your common wire. I think that if they put the functionality of the SMT on an expansion cartridge for the LXMEF then it would be a big seller.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Wow .... that gives new meaning to planting high.
This is on the edge of a "bio-swale" that the install contractor never installed any kind of rock or gravel in. It's just sand. Should be awesome first time that it rains and all of that sand ends up in the drainage catch basin at the end of the swale.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I personally hate the ET manager. It's too damn expensive and the service fee is too high to essentially have somebody adjust your water budget or interrupt your common wire. I think that if they put the functionality of the SMT on an expansion cartridge for the LXMEF then it would be a big seller.
I agree with this 1,000%. problem is once you get over 23 stations, unless you get into big bucks controls, the LX-M with an ET Manager is really the best option. It is WAY too expensive for what it does but on the larger sites, it does save enough water to be a wash or provide a small cost savings over the course of a a year.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcg View Post
I agree with this 1,000%. problem is once you get over 23 stations, unless you get into big bucks controls, the LX-M with an ET Manager is really the best option. It is WAY too expensive for what it does but on the larger sites, it does save enough water to be a wash or provide a small cost savings over the course of a a year.
For those sites we just throw an ET Water hermit crab in and call it a day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2014, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

came across this the other day

another one of those "i have a friend" that said he could do it. well, needless to say obviously-he couldn't.
Attached Images