Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-29-2009, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You know... days like these when temps get up around and to the triple digits, I really feel for the guys doing this work in hotter areas. Oye vey, if only my mowers had air conditioning!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Care View Post
You know... days like these when temps get up around and to the triple digits, I really feel for the guys doing this work in hotter areas. Oye vey, if only my mowers had air conditioning!
I will agree with you there, if you have someone workin with ya you could have them follow you with the blower blowing on you. towards the end of the day today i left the truck running with the ac on for the guys, we did 20 today, several had some extra work done, I grew up in Redding cal. were it got 115 out, but that was when i was young, now 90 is cooking,

BRINGING REVIVAL TO YOUR LAND
PSALMS 67
Old 07-31-2009, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, Redding gets hot like most of the valley down there. I lived in the central coast area and whenever the heat got too much for the "inland people" it would almost be bumper to bumper westbound traffic on the few highways over the coastal range.

Work solo here so no luck as far as having someone follow me around with a blower (which would probably help with the mosquitoes as well). I do however wear one of these bandanas that have beads in them that soak up water. Between job sites I'll put the thing at the bottom of my ice chest in the melting water and then wear it when working.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

never heard of a hat like that, work pretty well? were would you get one. Wednesday was something, got stung by yellow j's, got swarmed by mosquitoes, then we weed eated a training pin, which in turn through stuff at our legs that stuck, didn't think about pants, was a mistake, we felt kinda holy by the end of the day. when the mosquitoes attacked i never seen my guys finish a job so fast, what took 25 min, took 10, and them running and slappin at them selfs, and me to, i guess that would be funny looking.

BRINGING REVIVAL TO YOUR LAND
PSALMS 67
Old 08-04-2009, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that I got my bandana at GI Joes, but my wife got one at another place. What I have is a bandana that you wear around your neck, but I just noticed that there are other types. Here's a link to a company that makes them: http://coolbandanas.com/index.htm

And I hear ya' about the yellow jackets. I think last year was the only year that I didn't get stung by one, or by some other type of bee. Not so lucky this season. It sounds as if you need to stick a can of Deep Woods OFF in your work truck.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi there salem here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2014, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Sisters

I mow in Sisters.