Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-04-2014, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Think your clients ever see you and wonder why you are taking 50 pictures of your mower instead of mowing?
Old 06-04-2014, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobs41378 View Post
Think your clients ever see you and wonder why you are taking 50 pictures of your mower instead of mowing?
LOL!

Maybe, but 99% of them aren't around when I'm wor... I mean... doing photo shoots.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2014, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't take any photos today.

Because I forgot to transfer all those photos and my memory card is full.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Gonna change my screen name to "MulchNut"!

I took the walk behind with me today. I needed the weight to keep the trailer from bouncing out of control! LOL

I tried taking just the 30" and 21" yesterday and the trailer was banging around so bad people A BLOCK AWAY were turning to see what all the racket was!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Oaknut, is the engine on the Timemaster the BS 8.5 torque engine? I cannot find specs on this unit anywhere. Also, what exactly is the traction assist bar(the blue one I think) Do you use it to squeeze the rather than push the drive bar?
Thanks for all the help so far.
P.S. the only REAL defference I can see between the Time and Turfmaster is the engines. On tulsaenginewharehouse you can buy the Kai engine that is on the Turfmaster for $320, still saving 400-500 bucks. I have purchased from TEW and they are great!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmos123 View Post
Oaknut, is the engine on the Timemaster the BS 8.5 torque engine? I cannot find specs on this unit anywhere. Also, what exactly is the traction assist bar(the blue one I think) Do you use it to squeeze the rather than push the drive bar?
P.S. the only REAL defference I can see between the Time and Turfmaster is the engines. On tulsaenginewharehouse you can buy the Kai engine that is on the Turfmaster for $320, still saving 400-500 bucks. I have purchased from TEW and they are great!

8.75 190cc

Yes, the traction assist makes very little sense "on paper", but in practice it actually does work. If going up a steep hill instead of pushing against the Personal Pace handle, you can grasp the blue handle and "squeeze" which essentially does the same thing, but you can get more "ooomph" out of it that way and concentrate on walking up the hill instead of trying to lean into the mower to activate the Personal Pace.

Part of me wants to remove it because I keep pinching my fingers in it, but it really DOES help on hills, so I'm going to give it some time and see if I can adjust.

The TurfMaster has more metal parts in place of plastic. I assume (but am not sure), that the wheel brackets/axles are built stronger. The controls are different - no Personal Pace.

Not sure any of the differences warrant an extra thousand dollars, but time will tell - gonna see how this one holds up.

I'm thinking of adding the "wear guards" that go along the bottom edge of the deck. The TurfMaster has them. (Hell, my SR4 has them)
I'm curious to see if the metal front end of a TurfMaster can be swapped out for the useless plastic cover on the TimeMaster.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The useless plastic front bumper is great on the TimeMaster. Less tree trunk bruising or hard object bumping. Going with a metal guard is pointless unless one wants ballast up front. I honestly regret not getting electric start on my last TimeMaster. If you're going to add weight to the already lighter weight TimeMaster vs the TurfMaster... Might as well be for something that adds speed in startup...and shutdown.

I'm honestly really annoyed with the stand there and hold rocker switch to stop drill.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2014, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
The useless plastic front bumper is great on the TimeMaster. Less tree trunk bruising or hard object bumping. Going with a metal guard is pointless unless one wants ballast up front. I honestly regret not getting electric start on my last TimeMaster. If you're going to add weight to the already lighter weight TimeMaster vs the TurfMaster... Might as well be for something that adds speed in startup...and shutdown.

I'm honestly really annoyed with the stand there and hold rocker switch to stop drill.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh, that switch? Yeah, um... when the warranty is up THAT stupid thing is getting replaced with an on/off position switch. (if possible)

It wouldn't be so bad if it were big enough to hold in comfortably, but trying to jam your thumb against the clear cover in order to press it to the off position and then trying to KEEP it there until the engine shuts down is a big, unnecessary pain in the arse.

On the other hand, starting this mower is easy.
Although I don't like the angle they built the pull start cord into the top.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmos123 View Post
So, is the Kai engine an exact fit?
Old 06-11-2014, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Running my city route today so no trailer - just the 21" on the cargo carrier.

This Super Recycler feels like a toy now!

Gotta figure out a way to modify the carrier to widen it so I can haul the TimeMaster instead.
I looked around online and the only carrier with a ramp I could find that is wide enough was $350.
Posted via Mobile Device