Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-06-2014, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Here is one of the properties.

[img=http://s3.postimg.org/a6khpdovz/Untitled.jpg]
Old 06-07-2014, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

from the picture it looks as if there's a little over an acre of turf, ztr time/walkbehind mowing time, etc..
leaves from the trees on the West & South sides of property will make your Fall/Winter visits more time consuming; take it into consideration when bidding.
all n all it looks to be straight forward, as long as you have the general specs of what the client(s) have been receiving in years past you can go from those to price your time.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenningsLandscaping View Post
Just FYI for future reference, he's in NY, no one up here uses pine straw. You can't even get it at suppliers.

Mulching is something you need to consider, however, if there's a local brickman franchise, they probably have a mulch blower and will do it themselves.

Bid competitively, but factor in your time for the year. Expect to have between 30-35 annual visits without snow removal. This means early spring clean ups, and cleaning up late into the fall. Lots of cigarette butts and litter that may need to be cleaned up, if the lots are big, you may want to invest in a billy goat vac. Commercial lots get salted and sanded like crazy, so there will be a ton of build up from this. They expect this to be cleaned up.

If you keep on top of the fall clean ups, it's easy to be in and out in a mowing service's time. That means weekly going through and sucking up all the leaves.

You can't possibly expect someone to give you a price based on literally nothing, but you should be able to factor in your times and figure out what you need for the year, if you can't, you need to get help from someone locally and learn how to do bids. Lots of guys on here have great things to say about contracting with brickman, so if you can handle it, it may be a great oppurtunity.
Posted via Mobile Device
if there was a local brickman unit they wouldn't be asking for him to big the work
Old 06-07-2014, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
if there was a local brickman unit they wouldn't be asking for him to big the work
I'm 45 minutes from head quarters and have a bunch for them. They pay well. Scott or a relative of his lives one a street I service
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-07-2014, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
I'm 45 minutes from head quarters and have a bunch for them. They pay well. Scott or a relative of his lives one a street I service
Posted via Mobile Device

they really consider their service area that small where you're at huh?

Scott has a lot of houses these days.

that could just be one of scotts houses and unbeknownst to him, he has a squatter!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
they really consider their service area that small where you're at huh?

Scott has a lot of houses these days.

that could just be one of scotts houses and unbeknownst to him, he has a squatter!
There's 15 or so of the top 50 companies in our area. Little saturated. I believe 3 branches for Brickman within an hour each. They service a lot here. They're servicing some estates as well here.

Not a small service area there's just a lot of work here. Davey does alrignton cemetery. We have a lot of large commercial places here
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2014, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Brickman has a place 10 mins away.They drive by my office almost every day.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Member

I have bid experience,I don't want to under or over bid.I currently work for many service company and they all have different prices.Most of these don't have large cut areas