Register free!

Old 12-15-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy-lift guy View Post
Your suggestion on returning it to Amazon is spot on. Let's see if someone will take your advise to heart.
easy-lift guy
Let Amazon take care of it. What drew me to the Maruyama and Solo sprayers was the existence of a parts list with prices, as well as the ability to order needed parts on my own. I will leave other manufacturers unnamed for their policy of locking up service/parts to named dealers only.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 12-15-2013, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the help guys. I didn't realize Amazon's website was so user friendly until I read your post and looked into it.

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Oklahoma Licensed Pesticide Applicator (3a)
2012 Hustler X-One 60", 26hp, Flex Forks, Mulch Kit
Echo Handhelds

Old 12-16-2013, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YardBoss Lawncare View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I didn't realize Amazon's website was so user friendly until I read your post and looked into it.
Amazon has understood from the beginning that they have to have a strongly customer friendly returns process if they want a chance at competing with real stores.
I have bought a lot through them. Returned a little. Never had a bad experience.

Yeah, if the piece was missing I would not blame ups. Just call the 800 number.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2013, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's an update... I went to the HD Hudson website and got the 1-800-9-Sprayer number. I called and was immediately on the phone with a customer/sales representative. She was very nice and American. I asked if I could order replacement parts and she said absolutely. She had the computer right there and could order every part I needed. I didn't make a big deal out of the throttle lever getting broke, I just ordered a new assembly. $12 and some change and $5 shipping. She said it will come from Minnesota in 3-4 days. At least now I know I can buy the parts for it. I was a little skeptical due to there not being an online breakdown with part numbers and such, plus the research GreenDoctor had done on them. I want to clarify on here that we took a second look at the shipping box and we did find the broken plastic pieces. They were inside the clear wrapper bag that the sprayer had came in. Delivery guys are probably in a rush with all the bad weather getting them behind and the holidays. Even though the yellow hose says "8.5mm" on it she told me in the computer it's listed as 5/16" with male and female 1/4" fittings.

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Oklahoma Licensed Pesticide Applicator (3a)
2012 Hustler X-One 60", 26hp, Flex Forks, Mulch Kit
Echo Handhelds

Old 02-10-2014, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Glad to hear it all worked out. I am looking into purchasing this exact type of sprayer, and I would like to hear what you think of it. What do you use it for? How are the seals and overall quality? Let me know all of your thoughts please!
Old 06-05-2014, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Hudson 18537

Hey guys,
Just bought this sprayer for herbicide use.... The only thing is no matter what setting it is placed on, pressure is still to high... Causing a fine mist which would be awful for spray drift...
Droplets are impossible to get and no other nozzles are available.... Any tips? Thanks
Old 06-05-2014, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeelem View Post
Hey guys,
Just bought this sprayer for herbicide use.... The only thing is no matter what setting it is placed on, pressure is still to high... Causing a fine mist which would be awful for spray drift...
Droplets are impossible to get and no other nozzles are available.... Any tips? Thanks
Change guns/wands and get what you want in a nozzle.

Insert a valve before the gun to regulate flow.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I use the Maruyama and Solo version to make applications. http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=12 That gets installed on the hose. The hose is fitted with a standard 1/4" stainless steel quick coupler and ball valve. I can verify 40 PSI at the trigger. Which is what you want for air inducted nozzles. For straight cut fan nozzles, which I do not like for herbicides, you want 25 PSI. That regulator is adjustable from 0-120 PSI.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 06-06-2014, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Any suggestions for guns wands tips that have worked good for you guys?
Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-06-2014, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
I use the Maruyama and Solo version to make applications. http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=12 That gets installed on the hose. The hose is fitted with a standard 1/4" stainless steel quick coupler and ball valve. I can verify 40 PSI at the trigger. Which is what you want for air inducted nozzles. For straight cut fan nozzles, which I do not like for herbicides, you want 25 PSI. That regulator is adjustable from 0-120 PSI.
I have this regulator brand new that I never used if anyone is interested in buying it.