Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfectLawns View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I'm an illegal too. Because my trucks paid off, my equipment's paid off, and my HOUSE is PAID off. Speaking of low cost of living? I work solo and could charge $30.00 on EVERY lawn too, that makes me subject to be judged as an illegal and low baller because I spent many years working hard for what I have. Just another step in a mans shoes. Driving my old truck makes me an illegal too. The ignorance in one of the above statements irritated me from the original poster. "He's driving an old rusted out truck." You just answered your own question. Maybe the reason he can afford to charge $30.00 for a lawn because he's not materialistic as your self as you sound. He doesn't have a $400.00 a month truck payment and hefty insurance to go with that new vehicle. That's $400.00 a month in savings just driving a rusted out old truck that's paid off. Just with the difference in your truck and his, that's 20 bi-weekly customers that he can charge $10.00 less then you. 20 bi-weeklies x 2 weeks a month x $10.00 = $400.00. There's your answer. Sounds like you need to ditch the truck and start driving the same rusted out truck he's driving if your really concerned about him being $10.00 cheaper. If he's more then $10.00 cheaper, maybe you need to ditch the expensive mowers and start spending less money on homeowner cheaper mowers. Is it that you want the nicer mowers and the nicer truck or are you worried about someone being cheaper?
These guys are far from American citizens..... So.... I'm not going to argue any further on this issue

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 06-07-2014, 02:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
I have lost 3 accounts in one neighborhood to a guy with a push mower in the back of his Rusted toyota.... He doesn't even own a trailer??? 98% chance he isn't american either.

Those three accounts were $600 a month year round. I'm pissed off... Why should I stand around and let these leaches take my business away? My biggest issue isn't with the accounts that I lost (screw them) it's with the amount of homes these guys are maintaining. They have to be cutting 50+ homes a week. How am I supposed to grow in these neighborhoods when Jose will cut the grass for half of what I charge???

I think that LEGAL is a person who PAYS THEIR TAXES, and runs a LICENSED BUSINESS!! I'm so sick of people like you....

So I'm of middle eastern decent, I wear a turban, I mow lawns and I cut grass for half what you are charging.

Does this make me Illegal?
Am I some how NOT american?
How the heck do I know what you charge in order to cut that price in half??
Maybe I do need to cut 50+ lawns in order to pay my bills?

So?

How does any of this make me illegal or illegitimate.

By the way….it's NOT YOUR work, It doesn't belong to you….. It's clearly MY WORK, since Im giving them less expensive service, that they are perfectly happy with, and they thought what you were charging them clearly wasn't worth it, since…. you don't have the work any more HMMM….

Oh and by the way, what nationality decent are YOU, Polish? Italian? Norwegian? English? German?
It's certainly not "American" unless you belong to a tribe?

May Allah, Buddha, and Quetzalcoatl bless you.

Edit: BTW what IS this elusive definition of "American"?? does american supposedly = WHITE, Lazy and entitled to charge excessive non competitive rates?
Old 06-07-2014, 02:43 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Always love when a Lawnsite member devolves in to this lazy bit of assumption:
Brown + Mower = Illegal alien named Jose
It's pathetic, man. Sack up, do better, price how you need to, and build your own business. You're always going to get undercut, regardless of where they're from, what color they are, or how unfair you think it is.

I mean, to be fair (and I'm a supporter of you in this other thread you have), but I'd guarantee some others would look at you and think the same, you know, if you had the "telltale signs" of being a "lowballer". In your book, a brown guy with a mower, charging $16/visit is an illegal named Jose, running a lowball operation. The hypocrisy is that it's a guy named "Alex" who is doing this:

I came up with a plan. Charge $300 a year for 12 service visits (every other week may-oct) and 3 visits for shrub trimming and 3 visits for spraying round up. Cut edge weedeat blow and leave. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424881
ah I remember that thread.

And he's starting to do well it seems too (except we will see when repairs and other unexpected costs start popping up)
Old 06-07-2014, 02:49 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
These guys are far from American citizens..... So.... I'm not going to argue any further on this issue
Did you buy those glasses from the back of a comic book that lets you "see aliens" who look like 'real people' to everyone else?

Didn't they make a movie about that?

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick grass, and I am all out of bubblegum"
Old 06-07-2014, 06:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I'm tired of losing accounts to low balling guys with no business licence. A couple people have started to move into my "honey hole" spots and they need to GO. One guy Will cut any lawn for $30...
Posted via Mobile Device
Umm, Ga. doesn't require a business license to run a lawn service. Course maybe your city does idk.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-07-2014, 06:53 AM

The State of SC doesn't require a business license to operate a LCO either. Most Cities and Towns do require a license. Every now and then they drive around checking for licenses. I wish they did it daily. If I have to pay then I want everyone to pay.
As for lowballing. If you are happy with your NET annual income, then that is all that matters. I have never been happy with my net lawn care income, so I always am looking to improve my hourly rate. Not really interested in working for half of what others work for per hour or per year. Most people just won't pay what it actually cost to run a business when it comes to lawn care IMO. The mentality has been to punish ourselves for becoming more efficient. That efficiency cost a lot more than it did 20 years ago. The cost of living is a lot more than it was 20 years ago. Prices are pretty much close to what they were 20 years ago
Old 06-07-2014, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yes... While at the same time making enough profit to cover my cost of a legal business... These jobs are completely unrelated. I am now talking about estate homes. Homes that I charge a premium to maintain. Btw I still have no idea where you got the $16 a visit from..

For everyone attacking me, let's get something straight. I have no problem with competition. I do have a problem with someone who is doing work 100% under the table, and stealing my jobs from under my feet. Am I wrong for taking the legal route and having to charge more?
Once again

How do you know this?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Aren't the banks required to report a certain amount of cash deposit or checks to private accounts over a certain amount. In other words suspicious accounts? I figure these guys disappear when the dollars add up or the tax guy catches up.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

Just because he's not an American Citizen doesn't mean he's not a man and doesn't have to eat or have children to feed. I'm American myself, but this is what's wrong with a lot of Americans today. You have a big 3/4 or 1 ton truck in your avatar, and your worried about the next man charging $10.00 a lawn less. Sell your truck for crying out loud and drive a rusted out bucket like him so you can afford to mow for $10.00 less if that's what you want to do. For crying out loud, as I said he's still human and has to eat. He still more then likely has children to feed. I see more of an issue with the guys that drive 1 ton trucks and charge $50.00 and think everyone else has to charge $50.00 so they can pay their truck payment then Jose next door charging $30.00 trying to get by and make a living and spending his money wisely.

For all your Mower Parts, Support a Small Family Man Business. Google ZERO TURN MAN.

Last edited by PicturePerfectLawns; 06-07-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfectLawns View Post
Just because he's not an American Citizen doesn't mean he's not a man and doesn't have to eat or have children to feed. I'm American myself, but this is what's wrong with a lot of Americans today. You have a big 3/4 or 1 ton truck in your avatar, and your worried about the next man charging $10.00 a lawn less. Sell your truck for crying out loud and drive a rusted out bucket like him so you can afford to mow for $10.00 less if that's what you want to do. For crying out loud, as I said he's still human and has to eat. He still more then likely has children to feed. I see more of an issue with the guys that drive 1 ton trucks and charge $50.00 and think everyone else has to charge $50.00 so they can pay their truck payment then Jose next door charging $30.00 trying to get by and make a living and spending his money wisely.
I need to lower my standard of living so he can live a better life. Not a chance in hell....

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Closed Thread