Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-03-2014, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
Sorry dude. I've never dealt with this before, as you suggested. It's not leaking from the hose at all but from the adapter fitting which is sold as a seperate piece. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Just take it to a hydralic shop. It'll be cheaper than you're dealer
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-03-2014, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm pretty sure they had a recall on this and they will fix it for free at the dealer. Not a 100% sure. Had the same problem but under warranty from dealer so I was good either way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-03-2014, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=s...&dn=11_04_0013

Part number 60 on the above diagram is the source part of the leak. As I said, no gaskets or seals appear to go with it.
If the seal or fitting is bad just go to NAPA they will make you a hose to fit in store.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-03-2014, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Look, it's NOT a compression fitting! The elbow is crimped into the hose and is either a flare type ( steel on steel) or a flat face with an O ring in the face to seal the fitting. If the O ring goes south, no amount of tightening is gonna fix it, replace the O ring and make sure the mating surfaces are flat and not nicked.
The fittings (#60) that screw into the pump also take O rings, if loose they can leak, but can also be tightened. You can match up the O rings at any good hydraulic or power trans. house.

If it is indeed leaking from the middle of the elbow ( unlikely) then ya gotta replace the hose assy.
lawnsaspire,sorry should have explained it better than I did.Thought it was a flair fitting that is sealed when the flair nut compresses the flair to the mating surface.Looks like you have plenty of help now.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
C'mon, man...pay attention! Did I not say ya gotta buy the hose ASSEMBLY?

Crimped means CRIMPED, ya ain't pulling it apart!! The hose ASSEMBLY screws onto the adapter fitting (# 60), which is screwed into the pump housing.

You seem to be in over your head, and working in such tight quarters requires a certain skillset, and TOOLS, to ensure it ain't leaking when yer done.

Also, if ya gotta replace the hose, then you hafta deal with the same set-up at the wheel motor! Lotta potential fer leaks if ya don't know what yer doin'!
Got the fitting from parts tree and put it in today. The hose was not crimped to the fitting so there was no need to replace the hose assembly. The o ring had a tear which Allowd oil thru. I was glad I ordered a whole new part though bc it is a newer less bulky design. I'm guessing this is bc of the aforementioned recall. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-07-2014, 03:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Good work!