Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-07-2014, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Member

I would not be alive today if not for our insurance.

You will not be turned down for emergency service but the treatment options you might NEED could possibly be out of reach.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-07-2014, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvstringpicker View Post
What's not being considered in this "cost of insurance v cost of penalty" debate is if you don't have medical insurance you not only pay the penalty but also all your medical cost. ( unless you figure just going the indigent care route at the ER. Its always amusing to me to see the same people complain about "government health care" that have used and plan on continuing to use ER services with no intention of paying )
Maybe if it was reasonably priced we wouldn't have this issue.

I just has 4 visits to the hospital. Total was $14k. I was there less than an hour each time. That is flat out stupid
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-07-2014, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ok anyone have any concrete info? is it really just $95 penalty this year?
thanks so so much
Old 06-07-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
ok anyone have any concrete info? is it really just $95 penalty this year?
thanks so so much
I think it is $95 per month

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-...al-mandate.php

"How Much is the Penalty for Not Having Insurance?

The fee for not having insurance in 2014 is $95 per adult and $47.50 per child (up to $285 for a family) or 1% of your taxable income, whichever is greater. See the "How the ObamaCare Tax Penalty Works" section below for important details as the specifics of the law or more complicated than that.

NOTE: The maximum penalty cannot exceed the national average yearly premium for a bronze plan. Also not the fee is 1/12 of the total fee, per household member, for each month they go without coverage."

Last edited by Charles; 06-07-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks Charles:

NOTE: The maximum penalty cannot exceed the national average yearly premium for a bronze plan. Also not the fee is 1/12 of the total fee, per household member, for each month they go without coverage."
what is the national average yearly bronze premium? lol
Old 06-07-2014, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvstringpicker View Post
What's not being considered in this "cost of insurance v cost of penalty" debate is if you don't have medical insurance you not only pay the penalty but also all your medical cost. ( unless you figure just going the indigent care route at the ER. Its always amusing to me to see the same people complain about "government health care" that have used and plan on continuing to use ER services with no intention of paying )
You're missing the complete fact that
1) People asking the question about penalties and minimum insurance ALREADY don't have an insurance and have been going without it for a long time already.
2) CANT afford the insurance in the first place.
3) Ive never seen anyone "Plan" on using the ER… you 'end up' in the ER.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalTree View Post
So you guys are going through all this trouble to not have insurance?

I guess life has yet to deal you a life altering blow...
Posted via Mobile Device
Trouble?

what Trouble?

Let's talk about trouble.

1) My wife works at Target. They canceled HER *ALREADY EXISTING* health care/insurance benefits along with everyone else's who had less than 32 hours a week.
By that I mean she BECAME someone who had less than 32 hours a week when they CHANGED her schedule to MAKE her someone who had less than 32 hours a week. So she lost hours and she lost coverage. One guy she worked with was 1 month away from having a baby, he'd been paying the company insurance premium for over a year…they canceled it on him, he had to foot the entire bill for his baby (apparently he couldn't do the COBRA thing??)

2) My step kids had state healthcare, their dead beat dad is supposed to cover them with insurance based on the divorce settlement. He doesn't, he hasn't, he never will. They Qualify(ied) for state medical health care based on his dead beatness and my wife's income.
I don't factor in, because I'm neither a parent, nor a guardian. I have no rights, I can't even pick up the kids from school or sign them into a hospital without a permission slip from mommy.
NOW, post Obummer care…MY wages DO factor into eligibility for these kids, EVEN tho they still aren't mine, and I have no rights to them/for them??

3) all we have to do to not have insurance is do nothing (doesn't sounds like a lot of 'trouble to me)

4) I spent months (october, november, december of 2013) trying to get on to the damn healthcare site to see what I qualified for (that was a lot of trouble)
They wouldn't let me log on with my own ID/PW that they made me make up.
They changed my PW and didn't tell me what it was, and then made me RE-enter all that information again to make a new account and THEN told me I couldn't get a new account because I already HAD an account,,, you know the one they wouldn't let me into, for you know security reasons.

5) when March deadline came around I looked into it again. and for around $140.00 a month I could pay for the Silver package, which meant I would have the privilege to have nothing of consequence really covered. What's THAT mean?
In layman's terms, the silver package gives me the privilege to pay $140.00 to still not be covered worth a damn and if something catastrophic were to happen, it would still bury me in bills I couldn't pay.
Oh, right, so nothing changes.

Yes, I could get a Bronze Package for free with subsidies, But it's even worse than the silver package in terms of really bad things that might happen (which is WHY you have insurance) and really only covered things like annual check ups etc.
So I sign up for a system that gives the government another portal into information about me, that *I* have to spend the time and misery of filling all the damn **** out in the first place, in order to NOT receive anything, yes…

All the trouble I went through to NOT have health insurance?

Tell me more about it
Old 06-07-2014, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I would rather pay $1900 with a high deductible and less of a monthly premium. I am not a sickly type and don't take many risk, so a higher deductible works for me. Who knows, I could have a heart attack or a stroke any second. I rarely go to the Doctor. With the 1000s of diseases out there you just never know.
People just need to cut back on things that can increase your chances of getting a major illness ie smoking, abusing alcohol and eating high fat, greasy foods. I know, easier said than done!
I would rather pay for Insurance than pay the government for nothing in return. Young or old, you can contract any one of the 1000s of diseases out there. You can get injured in a auto accident or on the job etc. Of course the older you get the higher at risk you are. Still, young people get really sick too and injured. You just don't hear about their problems most of the time
auto insurance covers getting injured in an auto accident.
On the job injuries get covered in workers comp or owner/operator ADD insurance.
Those are catastrophic "in case of emergency, break glass" policies.

IF one one those things happens, the insurance company with you healthcare plan expects one of those polices to pay out first…so effectively, the Silver plan you are paying for…isn't covering you anyway.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
auto insurance covers getting injured in an auto accident.
On the job injuries get covered in workers comp or owner/operator ADD insurance.
Those are catastrophic "in case of emergency, break glass" policies.

IF one one those things happens, the insurance company with you healthcare plan expects one of those polices to pay out first…so effectively, the Silver plan you are paying for…isn't covering you anyway.
Its ok. You don't have to buy it. I am not an Insurance salesman
Old 06-07-2014, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Its all confusing, e-healthinsurance.com is still up an running. I think Obamacare is closed till November. I don't anticipate the government being able too keep track of the whole mess, or make the crap work.