Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-07-2014, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
I can understand wanting the most current model for sure, Toro changes the number if they change the mower and each size has a different model number etc.

My new scag is the most current design it's just not new production.
That would be fine with me just some discount for the weathering and being a floor demo model would be expected to be applied.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
05' Gravely 148z 1700+ hours 21 hp Kawi
Echo
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-07-2014, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

But being banned from the dealer itself is about as dumb as it can get, no mention of who it is, name, business name or location ever being made, that is basically slander if it would be done just as if he decides to start slandering our business which hopefully he has better sense but I will hear it first thing trust if it happens.

Just for telling the truth, having to make a 2 hours drive for parts to keep mowing that day if needed never know if something has a lot of wear or will break cannot place a order online and have there in a hour and be back mowing.

I talked to JD dealership they can supply some of my parts they house, basic necessities. All Kubota dealer carries is parts for Kawi liquid cooled engines.

Echo
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Last edited by southerntide; 06-07-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dude...the root cause is the factor you should be looking at. "The dealer can do whatever he wants", okay whatever. The root cause IS GRAVELY! Jesus H man it isn't rocket science logic to see that. They(gravely) entrusted some entity to sell their crap. Said entity screws over the general public and commercial businesses and you don't think that is gravelys fault? Come on man.
That alone makes the dealer an incompetent jackwad. It makes the manufacturer even more incompetent since apparently they have absolutely no clue wtf or whotheFick is selling their crap. Gravely is responsible in the end.

I hate making analogy's but you forced it. Actually never mind. You won't understand.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZLawnPros View Post
Dude...the root cause is the factor you should be looking at. "The dealer can do whatever he wants", okay whatever. The root cause IS GRAVELY! Jesus H man it isn't rocket science logic to see that. They(gravely) entrusted some entity to sell their crap. Said entity screws over the general public and commercial businesses and you don't think that is gravelys fault? Come on man.
That alone makes the dealer an incompetent jackwad. It makes the manufacturer even more incompetent since apparently they have absolutely no clue wtf or whotheFick is selling their crap. Gravely is responsible in the end.

I hate making analogy's but you forced it. Actually never mind. You won't understand.

Gravely has no say over what a dealer does. The only thing they can do is find out and pull the product from the dealer and most likely they wont do that because they need the product out there. There is clearly no other gravely dealers around him so I bet they are hesitant to pull the product from that dealer.

It is no different than car dealers. Two dealers and one will work with you on the price and another that wont budge off msrp. Is that the car brands fault? You come off as if you have some type of issue against gravely when in reality they are one of the most pro active equipment companies in the industry.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 06-08-2014, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Gravely has no say over what a dealer does. The only thing they can do is find out and pull the product from the dealer and most likely they wont do that because they need the product out there. There is clearly no other gravely dealers around him so I bet they are hesitant to pull the product from that dealer.

It is no different than car dealers. Two dealers and one will work with you on the price and another that wont budge off msrp. Is that the car brands fault? You come off as if you have some type of issue against gravely when in reality they are one of the most pro active equipment companies in the industry.

Man this is exactly what I thought!!!!!!!! Here me out.

There was a dealer in my area that was selling a specific brand (lets just say scag for shits and giggles) and they were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than anyone and I mean waaaaay cheaper. Im talking 1500 bucks less than any other dealer. Well, I was trying to get a demo on a certain mower and knew the rep personally so I called him. I told him my plans which were to try the mower out and if I liked it go to this dealer because he was so much cheaper. He the rep told me no need in trying because he WAS DROPPED BY THE MANUFACTURE!!!! Sure enough he was.....

Now I couldn't figure why the hell this would happen and basically he said that scag doesn't want some idiot profiting say $3-400 bucks on a sale of a 10-12,000 dollar mower because it was putting SEVERAL of there other dealers in a situation where they weren't able to compete so they were looking to move on to other brands that this other dealer that got dropped didn't carry. My rep said this dealer was in the end screwing them out of sales in the end because they were losing dealers. Rep told me that when a dealer is sitting on a few million in inventory they need to be shooting for 1500-2000 bucks profit on a sale which he said was average. I thought that was insane but whatever. they no longer carry this brand at that location because of this so YES the manufacture does have a say in it... I wouldn't have believed it until I heard this.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
Dude the terrain here I live on 2 Appalachian mountain ranges, not such a great drive, a whole lot of gas and a whole lot of wear and tear on your vehicles up down and up down repeat. I only work on the topside of my Mountain, I am looking at new vehicle, trailer and 2 mowers (new plus old one) for next seasons expansion.

When I do find new dealer get new mower I will toting my old one to be reinspected at a place that does not have a goob running it.
It's not like you need to visit a dealer everyday. The less I see of my dealer; the better. If he was the ONLY dealer within 50 miles I still would not give my money to a jerk. I'd spend the gas money and the wear and tear on my truck to do business with someone who has a professional attitude. Surely if he's as bad as you say his business is lousy.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking at other brands and dealers near me now, after this rain passes will be demoing some if it quits raining.

Still not heard a word back from Gravely, after initial talk about the issue.

Going Dixie Chopper first, then JD, and Kubota.

Echo
5x10 (upgrading winter)

Last edited by southerntide; 06-09-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just get a ZD331
Old 06-09-2014, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
I'm looking at other brands and dealers near me now, after this rain passes will be demoing some if it quits raining.

Still not heard a word back from Gravely, after initial talk about the issue.

Going Dixie Chopper first, then JD, and Kubota.

Honestly with those 3 choices I would go JD and wouldn't even look at the other 2 for one reason. The 7IronII pro deck.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 06-09-2014, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dixie makes a good machine but the classic and Excalibur are big machines.