Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-26-2014, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you have NOT been to Texas and spoke with the people you really should NOT post on this thread... If you have talked with them then you have something to discuss... Most of the people I have read posting on this thread REALLY don't no there ass from a hole in the ground!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanncann View Post
if you have not been to texas and spoke with the people you really should not post on this thread... If you have talked with them then you have something to discuss... Most of the people i have read posting on this thread really don't no there ass from a hole in the ground!!!
here here!
Old 05-04-2014, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have been called by the Grounds Guys and many other franchises. When you buy a franchise you are buying the brand and their systems. You may also have access to a "coach" or manager to answer questions. You are not buying accounts or salesmen to help you get accounts. You may also get fleet pricing on equipment and vehicles.

A franchise was not for me as I have my systems in place and my company is established and is a known brand in my area. I already get fleet pricing as well.

I do feel some people that don't have these already in place can benefit from a franchise. The name is known and marketing materials are ready to go. Just keep in mind nothing is free...

On the other hand these systems are not hard to build and you can build a brand with some hard work. Local Score chapters often have free coaches available or you can hire a coach much cheaper than a franchise.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Member

One poped up here in Columbus Ohio, then i herd a 2nd franchise was sold in Columbus as well.

That would piss me off

Bucket Truck/Chipper

Landscapes/Hardscapes

7 Trucks
2 Loaders
1 Mini skid steer
A Army of MEN

Old 06-08-2014, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLineAtATime View Post
One poped up here in Columbus Ohio, then i herd a 2nd franchise was sold in Columbus as well.

That would piss me off
You do just buy areas... If the town is big enough there may b more than one franchise sold in an area... The owner of these areas DID know that this could happen!!! But like stated in previous posts, if you haven't talked with these people you don't know you'r ass from a whole in the ground on this topic!!!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanncann View Post
You do just buy areas... If the town is big enough there may b more than one franchise sold in an area... The owner of these areas DID know that this could happen!!! But like stated in previous posts, if you haven't talked with these people you don't know you'r ass from a whole in the ground on this topic!!!
We spoke with them for months.... A Joke

Bucket Truck/Chipper

Landscapes/Hardscapes

7 Trucks
2 Loaders
1 Mini skid steer
A Army of MEN

Old 06-25-2014, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Grounds Guys

First to hear you say they are joke makes me wonder if you tried to become one and got turned down. unfortunately not everyone can become a Grounds Guys franchise owner. There is certain criteria you have to meet. i went to Waco with my wife to check them out. Class act bunch of people who also own and sale 6 other franchises in the service industry. The one i recognized right off was The Glass Doctor.Anyway we stayed in touch and went over our business plans and decided to buy a franchise. Me being a firefighter I got a pretty good discount off the price of my franchise. We were somewhere around #82 franchise. There are around 165 franchises now. We started April 1st 2013 as The Grounds Guys of the tri-cities. We grew our business with the Grounds Guys help to more than double. So far in 2014 we have doubled that number already. Someone asked do they get you customers? Yep. Do they help you grow your business? Yep. They have systems and they have people with knowledge of the industry guiding and helping you in every way possible to help you succeed. Is it guaranteed your going to make it and not fail? NOPE! You have to do your part too. Is it stress full? HELL YES! but owning any business is stressful at times. Are you going to see eye to eye with your franchise consultant all the time ? NOPE. Its not for everyone but it has helped me with many different aspects of the business. There are so many people out there not making a dime doing this business. The Grounds Guys have taught me about setting goals, getting my numbers where they need to be, profit and loss statements, advertising for results, etc,etc,. I have a legit business now that is growing very fast and I am learning something new just about daily about this business. I have access to 165 other business owners just like me who have a wealth of business and field knowledge. I get national pricing on John deere,Exmark,Redmax, etc. that comes to about 45% off mowing equipment. A lot more that fleet pricing. I have access to vendors who offer services like payroll, workman's comp, ALOT cheaper than I could ever get it by myself. There are so many vendors that offer me discounts just because I am a Grounds Guy franchise owner. Great gig cant wait to get out in the field tomorrow!
Old 06-26-2014, 06:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blevins View Post
First to hear you say they are joke makes me wonder if you tried to become one and got turned down. unfortunately not everyone can become a Grounds Guys franchise owner. There is certain criteria you have to meet. i went to Waco with my wife to check them out. Class act bunch of people who also own and sale 6 other franchises in the service industry. The one i recognized right off was The Glass Doctor.Anyway we stayed in touch and went over our business plans and decided to buy a franchise. Me being a firefighter I got a pretty good discount off the price of my franchise. We were somewhere around #82 franchise. There are around 165 franchises now. We started April 1st 2013 as The Grounds Guys of the tri-cities. We grew our business with the Grounds Guys help to more than double. So far in 2014 we have doubled that number already. Someone asked do they get you customers? Yep. Do they help you grow your business? Yep. They have systems and they have people with knowledge of the industry guiding and helping you in every way possible to help you succeed. Is it guaranteed your going to make it and not fail? NOPE! You have to do your part too. Is it stress full? HELL YES! but owning any business is stressful at times. Are you going to see eye to eye with your franchise consultant all the time ? NOPE. Its not for everyone but it has helped me with many different aspects of the business. There are so many people out there not making a dime doing this business. The Grounds Guys have taught me about setting goals, getting my numbers where they need to be, profit and loss statements, advertising for results, etc,etc,. I have a legit business now that is growing very fast and I am learning something new just about daily about this business. I have access to 165 other business owners just like me who have a wealth of business and field knowledge. I get national pricing on John deere,Exmark,Redmax, etc. that comes to about 45% off mowing equipment. A lot more that fleet pricing. I have access to vendors who offer services like payroll, workman's comp, ALOT cheaper than I could ever get it by myself. There are so many vendors that offer me discounts just because I am a Grounds Guy franchise owner. Great gig cant wait to get out in the field tomorrow!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-26-2014, 06:22 AM
LawnSite Member

We spoke years ago. Every time I see there truck here now, I thank my lucky stars for not buying into it. Now they have 2 franchisees in the same town. Shop 15 miles from each other. So they have to bid against each other. That would bother me, got enough problems bidding against Brickman dont need to be bidding against my follow franchisee.
This is a small town. They are still emailing me crap, I bet they would have no problem selling me the third franchise in my town.

Good Luck with that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-30-2014, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLineAtATime View Post
We spoke years ago. Every time I see there truck here now, I thank my lucky stars for not buying into it. Now they have 2 franchisees in the same town. Shop 15 miles from each other. So they have to bid against each other. That would bother me, got enough problems bidding against Brickman dont need to be bidding against my follow franchisee.
This is a small town. They are still emailing me crap, I bet they would have no problem selling me the third franchise in my town.

Good Luck with that.
Posted via Mobile Device
I doubt they bid against each other, they each have their own territory.