Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-11-2014, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
They're on here in one of the striper threads.

Funny you asked. This guy apparently saw my pics in one of the threads, and copied my design. He posted this today-

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...6&postcount=10
Find your thread I want to see what you came up with I love doing custom mods, I opted out of the Deere OCDC it is a very nice well built OCDC cover but dang man $700 lol

But I can admit it is built 2x more heavy duty than any OCDC I see on the web

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-11-2014, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I actually posted a link to the thread last night, but for some reason it's gone today.

I know it posted too, because I came back and made sure a few minutes after I put it here.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I actually posted a link to the thread last night, but for some reason it's gone today.

I know it posted too, because I came back and made sure a few minutes after I put it here.
Well PM it to me or post it again no reason they should remove maybe just a malfunction or NOT lol.

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Talked to my dealer this morning. He's ordering me two Z930r's with 60" Pro decks. I have been using a Z797A with a 60" pro deck and a Z920R with a 54" pro deck. The 60" pro deck lays down a better cut than the 54" for some reason. It's not a lot of difference but the 60" does cut and disperse clippings better.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2014, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a link to my post in that thread-

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...&postcount=308
Old 06-11-2014, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrayb39667 View Post
Talked to my dealer this morning. He's ordering me two Z930r's with 60" Pro decks. I have been using a Z797A with a 60" pro deck and a Z920R with a 54" pro deck. The 60" pro deck lays down a better cut than the 54" for some reason. It's not a lot of difference but the 60" does cut and disperse clippings better.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's not surprising to me. I have mentioned this several times in the past- the discharge chute on the 60" deck (both Pro and MOD) is a LOT larger than it is on the 48" & 54" decks, and in thick or wet grass, it makes a big difference in overall QOC
Old 06-11-2014, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Here is a link to my post in that thread-

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...&postcount=308
You didn't drill through did you?

Just used one of the anti-scalp wheel empty slots to connect the bar?

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

Old 06-11-2014, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I cut the angle iron at each end right up the corner, and also cut off one side of the angle so that it was a flat piece that I bent for the 90. I left the flat a bit longer than I thought I would really need and then drilled a hole into each end on the flat that allowed the rubber to just touch the ground when the deck is in the mowing position at the height I cut at. I used the gauge wheel bolt since it is long enough, and a start washer on each side of the angle iron piece to keep it from rotating while in use. It works excellent like that.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I cut the angle iron at each end right up the corner, and also cut off one side of the angle so that it was a flat piece that I bent for the 90. I left the flat a bit longer than I thought I would really need and then drilled a hole into each end on the flat that allowed the rubber to just touch the ground when the deck is in the mowing position at the height I cut at. I used the gauge wheel bolt since it is long enough, and a start washer on each side of the angle iron piece to keep it from rotating while in use. It works excellent like that.
Nice mod will see what I can do.

Does your model have rear anti-scalp wheels mine does.

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

Old 06-11-2014, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you mean in the center at the rear, no. Only the std deck does. If I end up switching deck shells, i will remove the two rear wheels in the center. They are not needed, even on the 60" width.