Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-13-2014, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

How coincidental this post is. I just came onto Lawnsite to make a post about Springwise. In December 2013, a Springwise Rep called us during a snowstorm in our area and literally begged us to service some Old National Banks in our area. Although I explained that we were up to our ears in work, I relucantly agreed to service these "emergency" accounts for "double their standard rate". A few days later, they praised our service, and asked us to cover another 6 locations of Old National at a bit more than market rate. I once again explained that our year round accounts would remain a priority. As anticipated, during the next storm, they literally bugged the crap out of us with "emergency" requests and complaints. Here we are, almost 7 months later and despite several requests and demands, they have paid us a total of around $200 of the over $10,000 they owe us. And shockingly, they answer no emails. Yes, way past time to involve an Attorney. Yes, they are almost as bad as USM and Brickman.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Apparently you choose to work for free and get "visability"
Old 06-13-2014, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Funny that I gave them a call the other day to see if they agreed to my pricing and didn't hear back. Yesterday I got a call back from them saying they had found someone else to service the properties. Can't wait to see who this is lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-22-2014, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

ooooh this keeps getting better!! Headed out of town and I meet at truck heading in the opposite direction that never comes to our town (one RiteAid is exactly a mile from my shop), but i see him all over the our local little city. So on my way to go check on my guys i had to go by the RiteAid. I see that truck in the parking lot, mowers off and they are going to town…i mean cutting in every direction you can think of…blowing grass in all the freshly mulched beds.
So my thing was I'm going to stop in and let these guys know they are now the 4th contractor they have contacted to do this account… I pull in and the younger guy comes over to see whats up, i ask him if the owner is there and he says "I'm the owner, well part owner" He introduces himself and the name of his company and points to the older guy on the rider and says he owns the company thats on the side of the truck…. the young guy is actually the original contractor that beat me out for a dollar! I almost fell over, but i stayed professional and had a good 10 minute conversation with both guys. The older guy kept talking about business stuff and was nice, the younger guy only cared about what i was driving for a truck, and the nice truck that pulled in over there, and how he was now charging them double for mowing that property (which was now $20 more than i was going to charge them haha)….something sounds fishy here, and not that I'm in for feeling bad for spring wise…but it sounds like this guy is pulling a fast one on them, but also teaming up with this other guy may be very beneficial to him…can't wait to see the next chapter of the springwise saga lol