Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-14-2014, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can have a lawn. grow one in your condo. i'v been thinking about doing it on my desk
Old 06-14-2014, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yea. so, clearing a little space in the shed turned into, lets clear out the entire thing, then the same with the garage and clean it all. haulled out truck loads of crap

spend the rest of the day splitting wood. should be ready to rake and mow by the end of tomorrow
Old 06-15-2014, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
You can have a lawn. grow one in your condo. i'v been thinking about doing it on my desk
Eh. We have a 2br apartment. I used to grow veggies in the spare room. Ran a 150w to grow lettuce. Fun stuff. Cost to much in electric to run a setup even that big, but it was fun. A lot of people tell me I have a natural green thumb with veggies. I know people who normally don't like lettuce. They tried mine, and asked me how did I produce such tasteful, and perfect lettuce.

We have plants around the house though. Some tropical plant she got, that i've been saving. Poor thing got light burns from being under my propagation light. Chives, Basil, some fern we hung out back, and bogolias. Working on getting sun flowers, and basil plants that will grow in my makeshift planter with the bagolias.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Use mirrors to bring light in from the window. To be honest, i think you are crazy for living in an appartment anyway. You are likely paying more than what a house would cost.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2014, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2014, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

do you have neighbors?
Old 06-15-2014, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No direct ones that care. I'm next to a park tho. So lots of people see my house. I'm looking forward to finishing after church.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2014, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
Use mirrors to bring light in from the window. To be honest, i think you are crazy for living in an appartment anyway. You are likely paying more than what a house would cost.
Posted via Mobile Device
I completely agree with you there. We pay like $690/month for a 2br 2bath. But we're litterly 3mins from the beach. I'm still young, only 23 so I don't think i could even qualify for a house. No credit at all. Sucks too, because I can't even finance a mower. As for the mirrors. To much work to go through all that. It's why we just have plants on the porch. HOA's Gardeners, my neighbor downstairs and neighbor next door tell me all the time if I ever want to plant anything out back or out front just run it by them first.

Quote:
do you have neighbors?
Ummm.... if your asking me. Of course. We have 3 apts up stairs 3 downstairs and on the other side of our complex is the same exact setup.

Guess you can call this my yard, even though its shared and I'm not responsible for the nice work. Crappy lawn guy won't cut the yard though. I've complained to the two who do the landscaping about it a few times too.

Last edited by Grahamslawncare; 06-15-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

you can get approved for a cheap house. save a couple grand for down payment. houses are safe investments, they can always take it from you.

do not, DO NOT. get a house in a home owners association. its worse than Communism. i'm serious. especially in Florida.

my mortgage is 395 a month.

hey. yall might have to give me another day or two on them pictures. took all weekend to chop and stack the wood. still have a bunch of crap out.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Plants around the house: