Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-15-2014, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currier View Post
Dear....... Thank you for your business over the past year(s). Due to changes in my personal and professional life I will no longer be able to service your account. You will need to have another service provider by .....

Sincerely,

p.s.
The changes only affected my ability to mow your lawn. For some strange reason, I will still be able to mow the other 6 lawns on your street.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
p.s.
The changes only affected my ability to mow your lawn. For some strange reason, I will still be able to mow the other 6 lawns on your street.

Well said.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
p.s.

I agree with this. Pita clients can steal the joy and benefits of being in this business.

My biggest regrets in this biz have to do with bending over backwards for difficult and/or cheap bean counter clients. It never works out...and it never gets better.

Also trying to chase the financially
challenged fixed and/or limited income retired folks because they live in a community and there is built in market density.

Also clients who consistently come unglued when you show up late due to weather or life event.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2014, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Client Termination letter

That is exactly right the changes in my personal and professional life (which are none of your business, therefore I explain nothing to you) are that I am done taking crap off of manipulative snot bags such as you...
Old 06-15-2014, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Client Termination letter

I sent the short and sweet termination statement In a text once. Worked perfect. The less energy you waste on this account the better.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currier View Post
I sent the short and sweet termination statement I'm a text once. Worked perfect. The less energy you waste on this account the better.
+1.

Zero point in dragging it out. Short an sweet and move on. When you drive by be sure to wave.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2014, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dear PITA,
Thank you for the past 2 years of business. At this time I will not be able to meet/exceed your expectations and will regretfully have to cancel your service by XX/2014.

I've used this in the past and it works great.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmonkey0311 View Post
Dear PITA,
Thank you for the past 2 years of business. At this time I will not be able to meet/exceed your expectations and will regretfully have to cancel your service by XX/2014.

I've used this in the past and it works great.
Dear PITA.

The rest of the letter is almost being a tad bit too nice. Kinda sound like their expectations where realistic or the service wasn't good enough.

Another way to do it is to dramatically raise the clients rate per mow. Come up with a figure where the extra $ is worth the hassle. Issue is it puts the power in their court to cancel. Probably be better to just can her.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2014, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan41 View Post
I have a client that i want to drop ASAP. I would like to do it in a professional way if at all possible. The reason i want to drop her is because she seems to want to always try to get a free cutting by saying we do a bad job. I have 50 lawn maintenance accounts and i never had a client say i did a shity job or anything along those lines. This lady is older (70's) watches us when we mow through every window of her house. she comes out side to tell the guy trimming what to hit because he "missed a spot" when he didn';t even hit that area yet. Last Friday she says we missed a section of grass by her sidewalk witch i do every time. I took the tape measure out to show her the grass is all at the same height. I already gave her 1 free mowing from the first time she complained and i feel she is just trying to get the work done for free. I just want to be done with this client she stresses me out way more than the job is worth to me. The only problem i have by not just showing up next time is that i mow 6 other houses in the same subdivision. They are all about a block away from this client. What would you guys do? I am thinking the best way is to send a letter of termination. I just am unsure on how to word it.
Be a man and just tell her face to face and why
Old 06-15-2014, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Dear PITA.

The rest of the letter is almost being a tad bit too nice. Kinda sound like their expectations where realistic or the service wasn't good enough.

Another way to do it is to dramatically raise the clients rate per mow. Come up with a figure where the extra $ is worth the hassle. Issue is it puts the power in their court to cancel. Probably be better to just can her.
Posted via Mobile Device
I found the last thing you want to do is p!ss them off. If you keep it nice, they really have nothing bad to say about you. They may think my service wasn't good enough....but who cares because I'm getting rid of them. But if you raise rates or get into an argument, they can ruin your reputation. I'd rather make it seem like I can't do the job right rather than have them smear my name.