Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-17-2014, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
Which will never happen. Keep a gun in your home for protection. DO NOT open carry. That's ridiculous. You're not Wyatt Earp. You're going to hurt someone.
I'm assuming by your last sentence that you know how he handles firearms or are you just spewing liberal bs? No offense meant but man that stuff gets old of hearing. Maybe living in a small town most of my life where guns are a big part makes me look at things different from other parts of the country but we love our guns here and our theft is pretty nil. I have never locked my stuff up in 11 years and it's in the front driveway where any passer by could just snatch it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2014, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Leave your gun at home for protection? That is like owning a biz and keeping your commercial mowers at home.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2014, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate121080 View Post
I'm assuming by your last sentence that you know how he handles firearms or are you just spewing liberal bs? No offense meant but man that stuff gets old of hearing. Maybe living in a small town most of my life where guns are a big part makes me look at things different from other parts of the country but we love our guns here and our theft is pretty nil. I have never locked my stuff up in 11 years and it's in the front driveway where any passer by could just snatch it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Same here but a meth head will do anything most thefts here are from that ****

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-26-2014, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
Same here but a meth head will do anything most thefts here are from that ****
Tide the problem with open carrying in Ohio there are a lot of liberal anti-Second Amendment people still living up there among our fellow Pro-Second Amendment brothers and sisters and if most of them see a company mowing their yard and employees open carrying, the Sheriff would send in the SWAT teams and all available units if the homeowner makes the 911 call.
Now I agree with a CCW and heck yes I would carry. I carry all the time myself even at my doctors office, but remember once you get North of KY rules and peoples attitudes change big time.
I carry mowing my place and my neighbor's place, not for my protection but for water snakes and snapping turtles we had a big problem around here a few years ago, but with me carrying I took care of that problem. LOL

Not too long ago there was a mowing company in Georgetown Ky that shot at a thief stealing Stihl equipment from their trailer why the man was on his mower, wished he would have gotten the turd.

2014 John Deere Z960R with 7 Iron Pro Deck

Stihl:
Chain Saws: 029 Farm Boss, MS291, MS391
Weed eaters: FS85R, FS110R, FS130R, FS250R
Polesaw: HT131
Leaf Blower: SG86

Honda:
(2) EU2000i Generators

Husqvarna
HU800WH 22" Self Propel Push Mower with Honda Engine
HU625HWT 22" Weed-eater on wheels.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

To little to late. But for future reference try pad locking a cable between the rims to and then to a large object. (Works best with tandems) and hide all the locks under the trailer. As a owner don't forget. But as a wanna be thief he most likely will not look under the trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-31-2014, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

happened on a rainy nite, some theives must watch the weather forecast. i was staying at a family members house back in april for short period, someone went through my truck parked in their driveway, made off with a nice sony camera. had a few other things of value in the truck at the time, was only missing the camera but this happened on a rainy nite also.