Register free!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi Tommy,

If your on here tonight I have a question for you. I spoke to Jeff at IlluminFX about the tadpole lighting system. When I talked with him he recommended a four light system with two lights on each side then about an hour later he called with distributor info etc. He mentioned that he talked with the owner of the company and he recommends 2 systems with four lights on each side. What would you recommend? It's a little pricey and I have no idea if my client will bulk at that price or not - I am pretty sure he can afford it. Also where do you usually mount the light control box? Thank You for your help.

Bobbi
Evening Illumination, Inc
Old 06-18-2014, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tad pole system doesn't put out much light. It only holds a mr11.... What's the max lumens on a mr11 these days? You need an illuminator system . 150watt metal halide. 8 end emitters with 1 side emitters in the top bowl that fills.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2014, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&MLL View Post
Tad pole system doesn't put out much light. It only holds a mr11.... What's the max lumens on a mr11 these days? You need an illuminator system . 150watt metal halide. 8 end emitters with 1 side emitters in the top bowl that fills.
Posted via Mobile Device
I absolutely agree. The MR11 light engine is only going to give you around 200-250 lumens to split. Not nearly enough for the size of falls you are dealing with and the impact it needs to make as the visual focal point of the lighting scene. I have used the illuminator and it does a fine job. It would be what I would go to if I were still considering going with fiber.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 06-19-2014, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Member

I suggest down lighting from a near by tree. Attaching anything to the surface is asking for issues. Looks also like a decent diving area to jump off. I would not want any fixtures that may be a trip hazard while playing. If down lighting isn't an option, converting post lamps to limit glare and to control the output using LED and optics, this could achieve area coverage with being so close to the tier levels requiring several fixtures for consistency....my two cents anyways....check a company called Solas Ray....the optics direct the light downward to limit glare....