Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2014, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its a separate license in indiana 7a several lawn care company's offer perimeter pest around here, however I know very few have the 7a license. That's all good until the investigator in the purdue vehicle stops by....,,.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-19-2014, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf-Magic View Post
I treat for moles/voles on an "as needed" basis. I keep a box of Talpirid in my service vehicles. When we see a mole run, we simply drop some pieces of the worm in select areas throughout the runs. I'm trying the "Kaput Bait System" this year for better vole control.

I also offer a Perimeter Pest Control Program. It's a VERY easy service to perform and the product (crosscheck LESCO) is cheap. We simply spray a path around the perimeter of the home, 3 feet up the foundation and 6 ft out in the landscape...also spray around entry ways that you can reach (doors, windows, etc.) It creates a barrier to keep insects from entering the home. We offer 4 services per year. Granted it's not as in depth as what Orkin or someone similar would do but it does work well as a preventative measure. Some states require a license to do this service.

I'm all about upselling services if a customer truly needs it. Any extra revenue is ok in my opinion!!
We do the same thing down here in NWFL.