Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-20-2014, 08:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Overall this unit it amazing.

I cannot find one thing to complain about, the deck does not clog up coming off a '05 Gravely I had to scrape that deck out up to 4 to 5 x a day 100+lbs worth of build up.

This unit is fast never misses a blade of grass even with duller blades on, I was changing out blades everyday, the power and huge spindles just keeps it going cut this whole week without sharpening will do that at end of today.

Completing jobs 25 to 40% faster been timing them all, great gas GPH usage over the older Kawi's lacks no power at all can cut full 10mph on flat ground no issues.

The seat is heavily padded so coming off a crap 05 seat this feels like suspension to me, the frame and build it super HD, low profile balance of weight is excellent even with fuel tank on left side near 12 gals full or empty.

The warranty is excellent first 2 years unlimited hours covers everything.

JD dealers and staff very professional and nice.

Sorry I have not got any pics I am bad about forgetting once I start working I get in the zone all day never been a big picture taker anyways working on that.

7 Iron Deck no clumping even in rainy/wet conditions the deck does not hardly even get build up unless it is rainy but spits it out and disperses properly. Deck is easy to keep clean also because of this just rise with a water hose end of day.

All other cleanup just remove spindle covers blow out any debris quick and easy.

JD is very flexible in options leasing/trading/refinancing I may go with lease after I hit 12mth or 500 hours whatever comes first as I will be trading in from now on on those terms to keep resale up and warranty still attached I just prefer not to invest in a full lifetime of a mower again.

I can see multiple units in the future, new larger trailer coming soon for next years expansion.

Just thought I would update on how it has been going.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-20-2014, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for posting the update I was wondering how you've been getting along. I'm also looking for something to complain about with my 930M but can't find anything. Really a quality machine and at a surprisingly good price. Do yourself a favor and get a suspension kit for your seat - Ridin' Green added one to that seat and says he really likes it.

Keep the updates coming.....
Old 06-20-2014, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Member

About the only complaint I have our new 915B is the gas tank filler neck is too small.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The suspension insert makes a huge difference in the ride.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcotner View Post
Thanks for posting the update I was wondering how you've been getting along. I'm also looking for something to complain about with my 930M but can't find anything. Really a quality machine and at a surprisingly good price. Do yourself a favor and get a suspension kit for your seat - Ridin' Green added one to that seat and says he really likes it.

Keep the updates coming.....
I don't think we need it no fatigue at end of day the seat by itself is amazing especially coming of old crap 05 seat hardly feel bumps on our rough terrain here.

Just posted to Weeze we are done for the day which usually took us to about 1:30 or 2:30 with old Gravely only took right at 4hours total time today, damn

I can't find a single issue I do not like about the mower so easy to service love the grease fittings only fitting my old Gravely had was for brake that never worked the whole time we owned the unit.

I'm bad at remembering pics of jobs man I need to make a sticky and put it in truck lol I get in the zone once I am working.

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahanko View Post
About the only complaint I have our new 915B is the gas tank filler neck is too small.
I have no issue filling up yes it is smaller than I am use to but works fine for me.

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

Old 06-20-2014, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
I have no issue filling up yes it is smaller than I am use to but works fine for me.
I'm old!
Old 06-20-2014, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great looking machine!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2014, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Great looking machine!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks a lot I love it couldn't be more pleased think I will be sticking with JD from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahanko View Post
I'm old!
Well ok I see your point

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

Old 06-20-2014, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Member

If you like the 920M ... you should spoil yourself and try the 920R ... EVERYTHING you now have PLUS hydraulic deck lift at the push of a button ... and, blade/pto shutoff with another button ... both of which are right at your thumbs on the sticks.

I added a cooling fan mounted to the ROPS ... a 12v outlet for phone charging ... homemade hitch receivers front/back ... 5" deck port made for marine applications mounted in the plastic thingie opposite the gas tank for LOTS of great storage ... ZTR PUFFER seat accessory. I'll try to get some decent pictures to post here for y'all to see. Been lots of fun, tinkering with projects for this thing. Working on some ideas for a chute block-off and possibly a striping roller.

Tags
2014 , 7 iron deck , john deere , john deere 920m