Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-18-2014, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

How is everybody doing this season. I got no complaints. Two crews (my nephews) running mowing. I'm doing all the pools and estimating. Doing a lot of repairs for friends and their gear. Wife is doing something a little different. My son is itching to get out with his cousins and mow. Being Autistic I keep him with me for safety. Right where we are where we want to be. No drama, no pressure. Hope you are all well and where you want to be or at least on your way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2014, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
How is everybody doing this season. I got no complaints. Two crews (my nephews) running mowing. I'm doing all the pools and estimating. Doing a lot of repairs for friends and their gear. Wife is doing something a little different. My son is itching to get out with his cousins and mow. Being Autistic I keep him with me for safety. Right where we are where we want to be. No drama, no pressure. Hope you are all well and where you want to be or at least on your way.
Posted via Mobile Device
I can't complain. I've been steadily gaining clients with no advertising. I have seven regular clients. I would have more but I dropped a few low bid/low quality and late payer clients. All in all steady growth though. I'm thinking I should be able to finish out the year with about twelve good clients. Id really like to pick up some high end homes in Fishhawk.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2014, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yea you have FishHawk and I have WestChase. The poormans millionaire clubs. You think easy full service 200 plus and they hit you with the last guy wanted 60 and did the bushes. Some of the highends ain't so high but they will pay TruBrown to make sure they do plenty of things you will get blamed for. They smoked a lawn and said my mowers ran too hot and burned their yard. Shoot me a PM with your contact info. I occaisonally get people that don't read the ads or website that I don't do Brandon and south. That way I don't have to send them away empty handed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Patriot Services; 06-21-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Yea you have FishHawk and I have WestChase. The poormans millionaire clubs. You think easy full service 200 plus and they hit you with the last guy wanted 60 and did the bushes.
I've gotten that many times, on high-end homes, too. It's frustrating, as these guys just don't understand how to make a decent living, in this business. They're just driving down the rates and starving themselves.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
Dolmar 245.4 string trimmer
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 07-11-2014, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wettest week ever. Start the day in humidity move on to profuse sweating and finish with daily rainstorm. Plus a couple of pressure wash jobs this week. How is everybody else making out this summer? Good for all I hope. Doesn't seem to be a shortage of work. Not all great work for wonderful clients but work nonetheless.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-11-2014, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So far this year has been the best year I have had in a long time.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm In the Spring Hill area as well. RF ProLawn. just opened in May with 45 accounts.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

End of June started the nasty weather here(heat/humidity). Rain has been in abundance this year which is good. This past Tuesday was the worst day of summer so far. I always say there are 4-5 days each summer that really test you, and this was one of them.

This year has been great. Lots of new business coming in. Angies List has been a big reason for that. At first I was skeptical, but it's paying off. The jobs I land from there are high profit margin and nice size jobs.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I got so much work going on these days, I've been passing it all onto close friends that network. I could easily fill 7 days with just maintenance and mowing.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Trying to battle the rain

I've been very busy and steady gaining clients. This is a challenging time for everyone with the rain. These are the days we earn it and crank it out! Best of luck everybody!

Last edited by The-Hammer; 07-16-2014 at 10:44 PM.