Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #71  
Old 02-03-2014, 08:12 PM
gallihergreen's Avatar
gallihergreen gallihergreen is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Research Triangle, NC
Posts: 3,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicLawnCareInc View Post
I really like my 259D Id recommend it to anyone. We have about 50 hours on it and its going strong.
What's the ROC on your machine?
__________________
Chris

"You have the ability to choose which way you want to go. You have to believe great things are going to happen in your life. Do everything you can - prepare, pray and achieve - to make it happen."
- Dr. Benjamin Carson

"Leadership - leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses."
- Mitt Romney

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
- Benjamin Franklin

Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-04-2014, 09:36 AM
ClassicLawnCareInc ClassicLawnCareInc is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Salisbury Md
Posts: 612
The ROC at 50% is 2900 lbs. Tipping load is 5800 lbs. I installed 300lbs of weights on the rear from CAT that raises this a bit.
__________________
"Where Service is Always in Season"
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-25-2014, 02:54 AM
Doug M Doug M is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Angier NC
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicLawnCareInc View Post
Its pretty much the same to service as the other Cat skid steers Ive seen. It seems the be the same as my 2004 242B I just sold. Same basic set-up. The only difference is the radiator has the nuts that you have to undo to lift it up to clean it as apposed to there was a quick lock on my old one.

This machine with a 72" dirt bucket with bolt on cutting edge and a 5 year warranty was $48,800k out the door.
Hate to bump a old thread but I'm replacing a 257B and looking at the 259D. My dealer has quoted me almost the same machine with a 4n1 bucket but he's at $64k. Anybody else priced one lately and if so what is your location? NC here.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-25-2014, 07:46 AM
TPendagast's Avatar
TPendagast TPendagast is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wasilla, AK
Posts: 4,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M View Post
Hate to bump a old thread but I'm replacing a 257B and looking at the 259D. My dealer has quoted me almost the same machine with a 4n1 bucket but he's at $64k. Anybody else priced one lately and if so what is your location? NC here.



257B?
What blew up on you? Final drive? Undercarriage? Engine?
257B runs like smooth butter…but is also as durable as smooth butter!

259D
tier 4 engine is what is easting up all your money on this baby.

IMHO Id look for a used one with a tier 3 engine from a rental fleet or the like.

Your most likely NOT big enough to get federal tax discounts or be federally mandated to use, or have jobs that require percentages of your fleet to be tier 4 compliant.

With that in mind, a lot of the larger companies and bigger rental fleets (CAT Store, United Rentals etc) have to dump their tier 3's for just that reason.
Which means you could find a machine with maybe 900-1000 hours on it for 50% of that price or better.

Are you sure you want to pay for a 4 in 1 bucket? Are you actually going to use it?
I would get a regular bucket and save some $$ , so many people rarely if ever actually use the 4 in 1

If you have extremely rocky soil you work in regularly I would not get a 259/279/299 they have a weakness thats hard for me to explain, but found it quickly during a demo.

Look into a Case or Bobcat CTL
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-25-2014, 09:16 AM
Doug M Doug M is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Angier NC
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post


257B?
What blew up on you? Final drive? Undercarriage? Engine?
257B runs like smooth butter…but is also as durable as smooth butter!

259D
tier 4 engine is what is easting up all your money on this baby.

IMHO Id look for a used one with a tier 3 engine from a rental fleet or the like.

Your most likely NOT big enough to get federal tax discounts or be federally mandated to use, or have jobs that require percentages of your fleet to be tier 4 compliant.

With that in mind, a lot of the larger companies and bigger rental fleets (CAT Store, United Rentals etc) have to dump their tier 3's for just that reason.
Which means you could find a machine with maybe 900-1000 hours on it for 50% of that price or better.

Are you sure you want to pay for a 4 in 1 bucket? Are you actually going to use it?
I would get a regular bucket and save some $$ , so many people rarely if ever actually use the 4 in 1

If you have extremely rocky soil you work in regularly I would not get a 259/279/299 they have a weakness thats hard for me to explain, but found it quickly during a demo.

Look into a Case or Bobcat CTL
My machine is still running strong at 2500 hours but it is starting to nickel and dime me. I'm going to keep it for around the shop and as a backup. I'm looking at either a T590/650 also but....with the other Cat equipment I've got they have always done me right. I've demoed all three machines mentioned and I really like the Bobcat but their service department is small (1 man) and I can't afford to be down a machine for extended periods if something were to happen. Price wise with all machines spec'd out about the same the 590 is in line with Cat and the 650 is $71k.

We do both residential/commercial new install and without a 4n1 it would be miserable and labor intensive. I've got a spare bucket but for me that is $3500 well spent.

Thanks for the info on the tier 3/4 stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Doug M; 06-25-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06-25-2014, 09:19 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,520
590 is the replacement for the 190

650/70 is a mid frame machine. Just depends on what you're using them for

And yeah you might want to drive up to md lol. Call alban cat or metro bobcat and compare the prices
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Marek Marek is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M View Post
Hate to bump a old thread but I'm replacing a 257B and looking at the 259D. My dealer has quoted me almost the same machine with a 4n1 bucket but he's at $64k. Anybody else priced one lately and if so what is your location? NC here.
Tell them the truth, they are 10 k to high. Also take into consideration who is offering the lower interest rates
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-27-2014, 01:39 AM
Doug M Doug M is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Angier NC
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Tell them the truth, they are 10 k to high. Also take into consideration who is offering the lower interest rates
Both are offering 0 for 60. After a few days in the Cat which is what I've been running for over 10 years I'm going with the Bobcat. I was able to get a millionth anniversary T650 for the price of a standard one. Hopefully I don't regret this a few weeks/months from now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-27-2014, 06:23 AM
ClassicLawnCareInc ClassicLawnCareInc is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Salisbury Md
Posts: 612
After putting 110 hours on mine I love it. I really don't have any complaints so far. Its done exverything Ive asked and more.

I think its funny though that when I said what I paid for mine more than one person said I could get the price anytime and that it wasn't that great of a deal, but after seeing a few different threads it seems like theve gone up at least 10k some places more for this same machine. Cat had a great sale last Fall on most of their machines.
__________________
"Where Service is Always in Season"
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-11-2014, 12:40 AM
treemover treemover is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: lost in the trees, ks
Posts: 366
Just got quoted 50,500 fully loaded wide track, 78" bucket. A deere 323 spec'd the same was 15k more... And I am running all deere equipment
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.09566 seconds with 10 queries