Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-21-2014, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep in mind Jacob , if you really want to make it with the sand bag attachment , having a older machine with more hours gives you the possibility of having a breakdown when you really need the machine. Your window of opportunity is small and one bad thing like a breakdown could end an opportunity for you . It seems like you are spending a grand on rental every month anyways. Yes taking on a payment can make you nervous but this business is all about risks ( calculated risks) if you want to move ahead you have to take risks . Stop pondering about it buy the machine put it to work , and move on to the next one. Hope I don't sound like a d**k but your waisting a lot of time and money thinking too much and going from dealership to dealership . Buy the machine and put that time and effort you spent running around into networking and keeping the machine busy.

Best of luck
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2014, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

^ what he said
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2014, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Th 130 size machines are perfect for landscaping but the 140 size machine is way more productive when using the machine for digging hard ground and lifting. I unload boulder pallets that way 5000 pounds off of a semi. In loose material they will perform very similar with the same size bucket. Really cannot go wrong with either machine. United Rental will give you a warranty with there machines.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEL View Post
Keep in mind Jacob , if you really want to make it with the sand bag attachment , having a older machine with more hours gives you the possibility of having a breakdown when you really need the machine. Your window of opportunity is small and one bad thing like a breakdown could end an opportunity for you . It seems like you are spending a grand on rental every month anyways. Yes taking on a payment can make you nervous but this business is all about risks ( calculated risks) if you want to move ahead you have to take risks . Stop pondering about it buy the machine put it to work , and move on to the next one. Hope I don't sound like a d**k but your waisting a lot of time and money thinking too much and going from dealership to dealership . Buy the machine and put that time and effort you spent running around into networking and keeping the machine busy.

Best of luck
Posted via Mobile Device
Well said.

I spent 20k on my mulchining head with no buisness for it but once I got it the doors just started opening. Same as when I bought my KX161.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There is a Louisiana Cat rental/sales on same road as my shop. The sales guy pulled up at my shop as I was opening up this morning. We chatted for about a half hour.

He is sending me the info/pics on a 2013 299D w/ 1100hrs. Full cab, deluxe instrumentation, hi flow/pressure.
They are asking $51k.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-24-2014, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What did the previous owner use it for ?
Old 06-24-2014, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
There is a Louisiana Cat rental/sales on same road as my shop. The sales guy pulled up at my shop as I was opening up this morning. We chatted for about a half hour.

He is sending me the info/pics on a 2013 299D w/ 1100hrs. Full cab, deluxe instrumentation, hi flow/pressure.
They are asking $51k.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm going to be direct like Picasso - quit screwing around and buy a TK 130 or 140. Honestly that is all you need, otherwise you will spend the rest of the season chasing a 'deal' and blowing money on renting machines. You are over thinking this way too much.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-24-2014, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just got a text from my buddy in sales at United Rental,
He found me a 2007 Tak TL130 w/cab. 2100hrs, new tracks & will include the 66" brush mower I was looking at for $23k.comes with a 1yr warranty. I'm going to take a look at it and see if we can work a deal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2014, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Just got a text from my buddy in sales at United Rental,
He found me a 2007 Tak TL130 w/cab. 2100hrs, new tracks & will include the 66" brush mower I was looking at for $23k.comes with a 1yr warranty. I'm going to take a look at it and see if we can work a deal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Demo it with the mower. The 130 is a little weak on flow but that is a great deal. Is the mower an open front?
Those machines with an open cab still bring 20 k here with similar hours.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
Demo it with the mower. The 130 is a little weak on flow but that is a great deal. Is the mower an open front?
Those machines with an open cab still bring 20 k here with similar hours.
I'm going to stop over there this morning. I actually have to rent a TL130 for a job on Monday, ill see if they can throw in the brush mower for me to with it. I would rather have a TL130 w/ cab than a TL140 without cab. Especially running a mower and the slide up cab door really helps.
Posted via Mobile Device