Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-25-2014, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

vent

Curious if yall have ever had a situation as this:

I arrive to a service call stated as "one of my zones not working".

The customer shows me the controller and says "see if you can get zone 3 to work, i sure cant haha"

None of the zones will come on.

Customer starts a rant about how she had just watered her burnt to a crisp yard with the sprinkler system that very same morning, and that i must have done something to cause it all to quit working...

!@#$%^&*(
Old 06-25-2014, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettMan View Post

The customer shows me the controller and says "see if you can get zone 3 to work, i sure cant haha"

Customer starts a rant about how she had just watered her burnt to a crisp yard with the sprinkler system that very same morning, and that i must have done something to cause it all to quit working...

!@#$%^&*(
Wtf are you saying squirrelman?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2014, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

So after you broke it, did you fix it?
Old 06-25-2014, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Next time (and there will be) check the batteries on your B.S. detector before touching the clock.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've had similar things happen.
But a wise man once told me, "Pick up the orange cones, and drive away".
Old 06-25-2014, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

!@#$%^&*(
Burnt to a crisp, so they lit the yard on fire? I remember my grandmother doing that on a centipede lawn so that she wouldn't have to mow it as often. It still came back, lol.

So was that the scenario? I'm assuming the wires were damaged from the fire or something?
Old 06-25-2014, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim Im saying: that it seemed to me as if the young lady knew she had more problems than just one zone out ,(i.e. MV and maybe 1 or more zone valves) yet was trying to get it all done free (as if i had caused them to go out by touching her clock)

I noted that the yard was burnt crisp (dry) to suggest that perhaps she was lieing about all this watering she had been recently doing with her sprinkler system.

I guess you would have had to have been there....

But i highly doubt the possibilty & such a coinciedence as to have caused all her zones to work by attempting a smimple manual operation via her toro 212.

So in a nutshell, again, it was frustrating to visit a service call about a broken sprinkler system, and within the first 60 seconds of being there be blamed for being the cause of the systems inoperation.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What was the outcome? Did you fix it and get paid? Punch her in the junk? Walk away and laugh?
Old 06-25-2014, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Jim Im saying: that it seemed to me as if the young lady knew she had more problems than just one zone out ,(i.e. MV and maybe 1 or more zone valves) yet was trying to get it all done free (as if i had caused them to go out by touching her clock)

I noted that the yard was burnt crisp (dry) to suggest that perhaps she was lieing about all this watering she had been recently doing with her sprinkler system.

I guess you would have had to have been there....

But i highly doubt the possibilty & such a coinciedence as to have caused all her zones to work by attempting a smimple manual operation via her toro 212.

So in a nutshell, again, it was frustrating to visit a service call about a broken sprinkler system, and within the first 60 seconds of being there be blamed for being the cause of the systems inoperation.
I guess I speak Rotar better than I do Rhettman. I don't understand why you don't document each situation as you progress. I learned the hard way that these pics are paramount when defending yourself from a skilled nonpayer.

Admit it Rhettman, you do leave a lot to interpretation when it comes to posting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2014, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Perhaps I dont do the best job of providing the fullest of event descriptions, i'll admit that.

Anyway, wire continuity ad clock voltage all checked out as good, so:

I gave her a price to locate and rebuild the valves, she didnt want to pay it (acting as if i should just fix them since she wanted me to believe that I had broken the valves by trying to manually operate the system via clock).

I collected my diagnosis fee and left.

((I have actually gotten to the point where--- Upon arriving at the job and meeting the customer, if a very pretty lady answers the door-- i already somehow know that its going to be a damned frustrating ordeal.))