Register free!

Old 06-25-2014, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lesco Chelated Iron Plus 12-0-0

I want to do an acre test plot with this and nothing else. They say 2 -3 gallons per acre. My tank hold 25 gallons of water. Will my 25 gallon of water with the 2 gallon mix be okay. NOT TO HOT?

The grass has got sufficient rain and more forecasted. The grass is a mix of bermuda and St Augustine.
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2014, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I use a product similar to this often with no burning. Im on vacation and dont have it infront of me. I apply at 4 oz per 1000. I am spraying at 2 gpm per thousand. I used this Chelated product once before. Initially had no problems with clogging nozzle but had some sit for about a month. When I got ready to mix it the next time I shook it up vigourously for about 30 sec, when i mixed in sprayer and started spray I had non stop problems of nozzle holes getting clogged and finally had to pull apart gun, strainer, and flush lines. Never again for me.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Liquid chelates are not that stable in storage. They absorb oxygen and make rust flakes at the bottom of the bottle. Why I prefer soluble powder chelates.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 06-25-2014, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So this is why JD had it on sale a couple months ago? Definitely got a lot to learn. I clogged my nozzles with the stonewall.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I have personally quit buying anything from Lecso/JD because either the prices or the quality was not what I want. I use BWI and Co-op's now. Took me a few years to learn about other options and reading these forums a lot.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an account setup with BWI but their tiered pricing structure makes it unattractive to purchase from them, especially when I get 30% better pricing from Target, who happens to be next door and delivers for free. Maybe if I stuck with it for 5 or 6 years I'd reach a tier that would be better than what Target is giving me but it would have to be a WHOLE lot better to make up for all the extra I paid during that time to get to a decent tier. I don't think I'll even spend the $2500 required by BWI to keep my account active this year.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
I use a product similar to this often with no burning. Im on vacation and dont have it infront of me. I apply at 4 oz per 1000. I am spraying at 2 gpm per thousand. I used this Chelated product once before. Initially had no problems with clogging nozzle but had some sit for about a month. When I got ready to mix it the next time I shook it up vigourously for about 30 sec, when i mixed in sprayer and started spray I had non stop problems of nozzle holes getting clogged and finally had to pull apart gun, strainer, and flush lines. Never again for me.
Never again what? You'll never let product sit for a month and expect it to be in good shape?

Holy smokes.....

It's a liquid....if you had clogging nozzles you did something wrong.

25 gallons per acre is no where near enough to spray this product in response to the OP
Old 06-25-2014, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
So this is why JD had it on sale a couple months ago? Definitely got a lot to learn. I clogged my nozzles with the stonewall.
What are you even talking bout. This threads not about Stoned-wall.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcg View Post
I have an account setup with BWI but their tiered pricing structure makes it unattractive to purchase from them, especially when I get 30% better pricing from Target, who happens to be next door and delivers for free. Maybe if I stuck with it for 5 or 6 years I'd reach a tier that would be better than what Target is giving me but it would have to be a WHOLE lot better to make up for all the extra I paid during that time to get to a decent tier. I don't think I'll even spend the $2500 required by BWI to keep my account active this year.
and what are YOU talking about.....

Is everyone in this thread on Dope?
Old 06-26-2014, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That is less than 2 lbs per acre of nitrogen--should be OK.
Iron is not likely to cause burn--it may stain the grass a blackish green color. Try to avoid painted fences and new concrete.