Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLANDER View Post
wow really!.......trust me, looks professional with my logo on it. I just have a problem with these so called uniforms that make guys look like they should be golfing instead of doing construction hahahaahah...i even consider the much deserved tan you can get working outdoors too, but nevermind. These types that wear this junk probably go to tanning beds also
Dressing comfortable while upholding a professional image and maintaining that apearance with quality work and customer satisfaction is how you suceed. If tank tops is accepted by the well paying clients in your area then by all means...go that route.

http://www.facebook.com/sticklelm

follow
http://www.twitter.com/sticklelm

visit
http://www.sticklelm.com

"Landscapes that stick out."
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticklelm View Post
Dressing comfortable while upholding a professional image and maintaining that apearance with quality work and customer satisfaction is how you suceed. If tank tops is accepted by the well paying clients in your area then by all means...go that route.
well said
Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

youre going to sweat like crazy no matter what youre wearing. I do silk screened tshirts. Theyre cheap, and they last a year or 2.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLANDER View Post
wow really!.......trust me, looks professional with my logo on it. I just have a problem with these so called uniforms that make guys look like they should be golfing instead of doing construction hahahaahah...i even consider the much deserved tan you can get working outdoors too, but nevermind. These types that wear this junk probably go to tanning beds also
I wasn't calling you or your quality of work unprofessional, didn't mean for it to come across that way. Lucky for me I have a girl that likes my farmer tan. I'm not personally a big fan of polo shirts or the Dickie button down shirts either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2013, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

polo shirts for estimates always and t shirts while working i think would be fine if cool then a polo would be a good idea.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A shirt with a collar may help preventing your neck from getting sunburned, just a thought
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sunscreen...everyday But i guess its the indian in my family because i dont burn, at least not very easy
Old 02-19-2013, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Cool max logo shirts in the big heat, cotton t's logo spring and fall with a logo sweatshirt. Usually quite dirty considering I change and maybe sharpen blades and grease everything up first thing. But they are all safety yellow(except the hoody, forest green) so the brightness over powers the dirt I think.....
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Member

T-Shirts for work. Polo for Estimates. As far as T-Shirts are concerned, we've been screen printing them ourselves for the past 4 years and have had pretty good luck. Were getting a year or so out of each batch before they're getting too fade to wear on high end properties.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that if your looking for tshirts or polos go to www.queensboro.com

They have a 10 year warranty. My shirts faded after about a year ( because i sweat like a Pig ). I called and mentioned it to the girl on the phone and she said send them back. No more Questions. Now I just need to find the time and will to get up and mail them. Plus they are Cheap and have a lot of Quality Material. I"m Hooked!!!!