Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-25-2014, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Member

New walk behind, SWZT, SWZ, or Turf Tracer X

First ill say I have a 48" Advantage belt drive walk behind. Its ok. I LOVE my Wildcat 52. I need a Hydro walk behind now.

If they still made a SWZU ( the Ultimate, free float Velocity deck), it would be a done deal. But they don't.

I feel the SWZ has my deck, but a pain to change height, and A bit antiquated.

The SWZT has nice height adjust, updated control levers, but no velocity deck, aluminum spindles, and LIGHTWEIGHT Non pro hydro system

I love the looks of the Turf Tracer, Kohler EFI, ECS, Free float deck, but am concerned about damp to wet clumping.

ANy input would be appreciated !
Old 06-25-2014, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Any good used swzu's out there?
Old 06-25-2014, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Uh if your concerned with wet clumping with the turf tracer just let me say that I bought a new 48" tt s series with accelerator bagger and mowed with it in the rain without any issues. My scag ttiger had more issue with clumping. The turf tracer is an amazing machine and I am looking to purchase another and or a vantage (built in sulky + same ecs controls as tt walk behind = a win win for trainer new guys on the TT and then have them "stepping up ", no pun intended, to a vantage for better production). Btw I opted for the fs600? Kawi engine, it's the bigger of the two offered for 48" tt models.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2014, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonWin View Post
Uh if your concerned with wet clumping with the turf tracer just let me say that I bought a new 48" tt s series with accelerator bagger and mowed with it in the rain without any issues. My scag ttiger had more issue with clumping. The turf tracer is an amazing machine and I am looking to purchase another and or a vantage (built in sulky + same ecs controls as tt walk behind = a win win for trainer new guys on the TT and then have them "stepping up ", no pun intended, to a vantage for better production). Btw I opted for the fs600? Kawi engine, it's the bigger of the two offered for 48" tt models.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would assume this a brand new w unit??? Because when the paint finally comes off the bottom of that deck your turf tiger will out perform it hands down if you have the v+ deck on the SCAG...... My exmark was awesome to for the first 100 or so hours and then it fell off..... It sucks now but awesome when dry....... It could be that we are cutting different grasses also.....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2014, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
Any good used swzu's out there?
Haven't seen any locally
Old 06-25-2014, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
I would assume this a brand new w unit??? Because when the paint finally comes off the bottom of that deck your turf tiger will out perform it hands down if you have the v+ deck on the SCAG...... My exmark was awesome to for the first 100 or so hours and then it fell off..... It sucks now but awesome when dry....... It could be that we are cutting different grasses also.....
Posted via Mobile Device
My main concern. I've NEVR used a Exmark. Here in CT, were getting dry now. But spring and fall, when its wet, its wet. Late September through October, if we have a strong growing season with dense grass, I have shady lawns that might not be completely dry for days!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLC View Post
Haven't seen any locally
Personally, have had good luck finding machines on Ebay. Just have to check often.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
Personally, have had good luck finding machines on Ebay. Just have to check often.
There's a OLD one on Ebay in Ohio. Too far. And I want the Velocity deck.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLC View Post
There's a OLD one on Ebay in Ohio. Too far. And I want the Velocity deck.
Another way to find items is through Craig's list. Pick a city within your driving range, type in what you want in the search window. Found a great aerator this way.

Good luck on your search!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonWin View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I've run Tracers and Vikings for the past decade. They clump like sob's when it's wet. I mean bad.