Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-28-2014, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Member

As a former golf course super I found the only way to waterproof any boot is to use Snow Seal on the boots. I also use Shoe Goo around the seams of the sole of the boot. Basically, I seal the boots off but it is a lot better than wet feet. I always use all leather boots though. I am not sure how that would work on those with canvas.

Over 20 years in this business. There is no boot that can hold up to what we are doing unless you use snow seal to protect them. No one wants to pay for new boots all of the time. I have several pairs of boots and that is all I wear. I do not wear any tennis shoes or anything like that. Even on special occasions such as weddings or such, I wear my work boots.

Hell, I wore my work boots to my own wedding. Trust me, you need all leather and you need Snow Seal and Shoe GOO.

That is definitive.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdkx View Post
As a former golf course super I found the only way to waterproof any boot is to use Snow Seal on the boots. I also use Shoe Goo around the seams of the sole of the boot. Basically, I seal the boots off but it is a lot better than wet feet. I always use all leather boots though. I am not sure how that would work on those with canvas.

Over 20 years in this business. There is no boot that can hold up to what we are doing unless you use snow seal to protect them. No one wants to pay for new boots all of the time. I have several pairs of boots and that is all I wear. I do not wear any tennis shoes or anything like that. Even on special occasions such as weddings or such, I wear my work boots.

Hell, I wore my work boots to my own wedding. Trust me, you need all leather and you need Snow Seal and Shoe GOO.

That is definitive.
Dude…they invented this thing called Gore tex.
No need for mink oil, snow seal, camp dry etc.

a decade in the military and twice as long doing this.

I can stand IN water in a pair of G-tex as long as the water doesn't come over the top of the boot.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
Dude…they invented this thing called Gore tex.
No need for mink oil, snow seal, camp dry etc.

a decade in the military and twice as long doing this.

I can stand IN water in a pair of G-tex as long as the water doesn't come over the top of the boot.
Well, good for you then. You can go stand in water all you want to prove your point about how much better you are than me. Please post some pics of you doing so.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Irish Setters