Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-29-2014, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Member

What's next?

What should I work on with my site?

Pretty sure I'm invisible or just started indexing.

I need to fix up the pictures area also and I'm in the process of reading more about seo etc.

Honestly have only got a few calls from my site in the few months it's been up.

I want to have a successful upcoming fall season and the website to help me gain more customers.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

http://eaglelandct.com
Old 06-30-2014, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleland View Post
I'm in the process of reading more about seo etc.
Overall, you're off to a decent start, but you have a lot left on the table. You're going to want to hit the SEO sooner rather than later. You have almost no on-site SEO. If you go through this sub forum, you'll find a lot of previous reviews and they'll all apply to your site. You also really need to read the Moz and Google's respective beginners SEO guides. They'll help you understand much of what I'm about to say.

Looking at your service area (Shelton, specifically) and competitors' search results, you should have no problem ranking very high on Google, as well as doing the same in the 7 Pack of local results. Personally, I'd be licking my chops to jump past everyone.

- Your header is a ton of wasted real estate. On my screen (it's "typical" resolution), a bit over 1/3 of my page is your logo and email/phone graphic. The logo takes up approx 25% of the page-load real estate. By comparison, your home page photo is quite small and of questionable quality and, quite frankly, doesn't sell your service.

- You have almost no localized info. If Google doesn't readily recognize where you are, people won't find you, either.

- Title Tags: For example, your home page has a TITLE of "Home Ľ Eagle Landscaping". For an easy How To, just look at any Lawn Doctor search result.

- Go out and get some photos ASAP. The site, for a landscaping company, especially, is sorely lacking some color. We're in full green right now, so there's no excuse. Keep a camera, even a good cell phone, with you while you're in the field and just snap away. 100 pictures is bound to produce 1 you can use on your site.

- Give some context (read: write content) to your gallery. I see some Before and Afters that could probably be swapped and I wouldn't know the difference, so tell people what they're looking at. Treat these photos to a bit of service and location keyword use.

- Do a Google search using the site operator (site:eaglelandct.com) and look at all those indexed photo pages. Read the indexed entry for each and you'll notice exactly how much SEO value you're leaving on the table by not having any content, even brief, as well as better named gallery pages names than "gallery/photo8/". "gallery/shelton-mowing/" or "landscaping-work/mulching/" is infinitely better. Get creative, without spamming Google.

Other areas of concern:

- This is more of a customer education thing, but it will help you sell. The following doesn't tell your prospects anything. Using my 60something Mom as an example, she knows what neither of these words are, so you need to educate and explain why her lawn needs aerating or dethatching.
Aerating and Dethatching – Many customers and experts agree, these services keep their lawn healthy and lush all season. Please feel free to contact us with questions on these services.
- Add depth to the site, breaking out individual pages from that list on your services page.

- You have a domain name, you should use it for email. @yahoo.com takes away from the professionalism and adds another layer of confusion. When you talk to someone and tell them your website or email info, they don't jive with each other. That's a potential point of failure and another, needless, layer of explanation.

- I see a Google+ page, which could use a bit of work, but I'm not seeing Yahoo or Bing pages. Hit getlisted.org and work your way through, claiming anything you can.

Last edited by tonygreek; 06-30-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you so much. Time to get working on it.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:40 AM
Sponsor

"I'd move the About Us to the end and the actual services to the left in the header tabs, so it's what people click on right away. On the Gallery page, it might be a better idea to resize the images or something so the Before and the After are always on the same line; in my Chrome they sometimes aren't. In fact, I'd make the two a single image, tape them together as it were. That way you can move them around and they always stay together. You've got some table errors around the one called ""Mulch"" as well. And has anyone suggested buying the domain http://eaglelandscapingct.com/? I haven't priced it out, but it seems to have expired and become available.
"

Watch a 2-minute demo!

Email: ryan@mhelpdesk.com
Web: www.mhelpdesk.com
Phone: 888-558-6275

Old 07-05-2014, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhelpdesk View Post
And has anyone suggested buying the domain http://eaglelandscapingct.com/? I haven't priced it out, but it seems to have expired and become available.
"
It's available...for a price. The sleaze at Enom/NameJet control it for what looks to be, at least, another year.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
It's available...for a price. The sleaze at Enom/NameJet control it for what looks to be, at least, another year.
They got two of my old ones I was sitting on. Forgot to renew 2 days later they we're gone
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2014, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, I let it expire. I thought it was too long of a site name? Anyway I've had a lot of trouble building a site in the past with other people's help so when I switched over to bluehost and wordpress I choose a new shorter name eaglelandct.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleland View Post
Yeah, I let it expire. I thought it was too long of a site name? Anyway I've had a lot of trouble building a site in the past with other people's help so when I switched over to bluehost and wordpress I choose a new shorter name eaglelandct.
Probably not the wisest decision*, but this is what you have to work with, so get crackin'.

*Land is not a synonym for landscaping, in either the customer's or Google's eyes. In fact, it's a very broad term.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-12-2014, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How about eaglelandscapes.com ?
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
3 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed