Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
your misinformed about ww2 being 'different days' those with medical issues we not allowed to fight.
You'd have to take that up with my dearly departed grandfather. I believe him. He was there.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
You'd have to take that up with my dearly departed grandfather. I believe him. He was there.
It's likely he was there, and his hearing wasn't actually as bad as he recalls in 42-45.

The vast majority of my service related injuries have gotten worse with time. (except for one that got better, don't ask me how that got better, but it seems that it has)

I expect to be legally blind by the time I'm in my late 50s.
did the injury occur during service? yes. But didn't preclude me from continuing service.
I had an M1 fire it's cannon not far behind me (maybe 35-50 meters) the chock wave knocked the wind out of me and made my ear drums bleed.
Later, My ear drum on the right ear bled again from firing two TOW missiles in relatively quick succession.
I always passed annual hearing exams back then.
Now, you can walk up on my right side from behind and startle the heck of me, because I can't hear you approach.

Service related injury?
Undoubtedly.

But it certainly wasn't as bad then as it is now.

If it tell this story when Im 70, it will be like telling it 500 times, so Ill probably just shorten it to, "I lost my hearing in Desert Storm, Lost my sight in Africa, and ETS'd from the Army just after 9/11" and people will be like huh?? How did a deaf blind guy serve in the army for years?

That's just the reality of 70 year old men, telling the story for the 499th time, 45 years after it happened.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
It's likely he was there, and his hearing wasn't actually as bad as he recalls in 42-45.

The vast majority of my service related injuries have gotten worse with time. (except for one that got better, don't ask me how that got better, but it seems that it has)

I expect to be legally blind by the time I'm in my late 50s.
did the injury occur during service? yes. But didn't preclude me from continuing service.
I had an M1 fire it's cannon not far behind me (maybe 35-50 meters) the chock wave knocked the wind out of me and made my ear drums bleed.
Later, My ear drum on the right ear bled again from firing two TOW missiles in relatively quick succession.
I always passed annual hearing exams back then.
Now, you can walk up on my right side from behind and startle the heck of me, because I can't hear you approach.

Service related injury?
Undoubtedly.

But it certainly wasn't as bad then as it is now.

If it tell this story when Im 70, it will be like telling it 500 times, so Ill probably just shorten it to, "I lost my hearing in Desert Storm, Lost my sight in Africa, and ETS'd from the Army just after 9/11" and people will be like huh?? How did a deaf blind guy serve in the army for years?

That's just the reality of 70 year old men, telling the story for the 499th time, 45 years after it happened.
Not sure how it was back then, but if it's anything like it is now, theres waivers for everything.

No high school diploma? No problem!
Colorblind? No problem!

As long as you can sign on the dotted line when *they need you*, then your good to go!

As far as your ears bleeding...well...I think you have some weak ear drums. I've had far worse and my friends have had far worse, ours never bled. Just out of curiousity, have you seen combat? And being deployed to a combat zone isn't actual combat.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This mower rocks! NUFF SAID.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmonkey0311 View Post
Not sure how it was back then, but if it's anything like it is now, theres waivers for everything.

Colorblind? No problem!

As long as you can sign on the dotted line when *they need you*, then your good to go!

As far as your ears bleeding...well...I think you have some weak ear drums. I've had far worse and my friends have had far worse, ours never bled. Just out of curiousity, have you seen combat? And being deployed to a combat zone isn't actual combat.
Have I seen combat?
That's kinda of a dumb question.
Yes.
On multiple continents.

We didn't have taco bell and starbucks in the TOC when I did my service either…so lets not get "high speed" before we start matching up service records.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

WorldLawn King Cobra

Here is a list of just some of the USA made parts used in the King Cobra. This mower cuts beautiful and can run at 12mph. I just got another set of blades for it and they are the same as Exmark, so pretty cheap.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf US Major Components (1).pdf (28.1 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-30-2014, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmonkey0311 View Post

Colorblind? No problem!

Not anymore. Soon the total active force will be its smallest post WW2. Guys with 15 years active are being denied re ups. All branches will be taking only the best. Meaning high grades, no health issues, no criminals. Everything is being cut back. The biggest debacle will be the F35 that will never be what they try to make it be.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2014, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Worldlawn mower owners.....could you please post some pics of the underside of the deck. I am interested in seeing how the baffles are arranged. Thanks.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --Leonardo da Vinci

http://integritylawnpro.com
Old 08-01-2014, 05:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhiggins View Post
Here is a list of just some of the USA made parts used in the King Cobra. This mower cuts beautiful and can run at 12mph. I just got another set of blades for it and they are the same as Exmark, so pretty cheap.
Now all they have to do is manufacture the steel in the US and I'll shut up.