Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 07-01-2014, 06:25 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,245
It wasn't that bad before. I got a request for an entire townhouse community earlier this year. I went to reply less than a minute later and it was maxed out.

One thing I've done is attached my insurance and license when I send a message now
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-01-2014, 11:34 PM
jeeperscrow jeeperscrow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Commerce, GA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
It wasn't that bad before. I got a request for an entire townhouse community earlier this year. I went to reply less than a minute later and it was maxed out.

One thing I've done is attached my insurance and license when I send a message now
Posted via Mobile Device
yeah it wasn't that bad even a couple of months ago around here. There was a job I got in March where no other company even bid. Now before I have chance to even check my message two "companies" have already bid. It's an absurd process all the way around. Sorry I spent my money to buy a bunch of quotes from them.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperscrow View Post
yeah it wasn't that bad even a couple of months ago around here. There was a job I got in March where no other company even bid. Now before I have chance to even check my message two "companies" have already bid. It's an absurd process all the way around. Sorry I spent my money to buy a bunch of quotes from them.
I believe each job is limited to 4 or 5 quotes. I've gone to submit a quote and gotten the message the limit has been reached.I find it interesting that guys balk at spending 3.33 for a 1in 5 chance of getting an account,but will spend thousands on EDDMs for .01 call back rate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Patriot Services; 07-02-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-05-2014, 02:41 AM
jeeperscrow jeeperscrow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Commerce, GA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I believe each job is limited to 4 or 5 quotes. I've gone to submit a quote and gotten the message the limit has been reached.I find it interesting that guys balk at spending 3.33 for a 1in 5 chance of getting an account,but will spend thousands on EDDMs for .01 call back rate.
Posted via Mobile Device
At least with EDDM (although I've never used it) you have a chance to actually look at the property before you place a bid. Bidding without looking or really having any clue what you're getting yourself into is interesting to me.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-05-2014, 09:12 AM
JohnnyRocker JohnnyRocker is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 683
We were getting leads that worked out, but recently, I mean like 40 leads in a row never responded. Very unusual. This place is generating internal leads, too make a long story short, they are fraudulent. The best thing we can all do is report them to google, so they wont hog up the search engines. That's why they manipulate you into giving you 30 points, to "enhance your credibility", by linking to them on your own website. Their goal is to outrank you in the searches. Why pay a company to compete against you, and in my opinion, steal from you via generating fake leads?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Del9175's Avatar
Del9175 Del9175 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 351
Are people able to see reviews before they choose your company? I've seen some reviews from some one on this thread. Yikes. Not good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-05-2014, 08:48 PM
chefj chefj is online now
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Braselton GA
Posts: 135
Yeah the prospective client can look at your profile and your reviews/licenses blah blah before they contact you.
They have a "background check" that costs $7 and they put that on your profile as well.
The concept is interesting, and I have gotten a few weekly and BW accounts from there. If you don't submit a quote within about 20 minutes of the job being posted you will probably not even be looked at. So its a waste of $3.33
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperscrow View Post
At least with EDDM (although I've never used it) you have a chance to actually look at the property before you place a bid. Bidding without looking or really having any clue what you're getting yourself into is interesting to me.
You're actually looking at all the hundreds or thousands of properties on your EDDM route and then elimininating (if that's even possible) the ones you don't want? At least I get a zipcode and lot size and what services they are looking for. You can also ask a narrowed down question. Compared to Home Advisor its a bargain and far more successful. You also get to rate the customers as well as dispute any issues they have. I have found very little bad press compared to AJ and HA.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-09-2014, 05:39 AM
jeeperscrow jeeperscrow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Commerce, GA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
You're actually looking at all the hundreds or thousands of properties on your EDDM route and then elimininating (if that's even possible) the ones you don't want? At least I get a zipcode and lot size and what services they are looking for. You can also ask a narrowed down question. Compared to Home Advisor its a bargain and far more successful. You also get to rate the customers as well as dispute any issues they have. I have found very little bad press compared to AJ and HA.
Posted via Mobile Device
No..not saying that at all. I'm saying if I were to use EDDM I'd send it out to everyone close to me, then when they call I'd get their actual address and an opportunity to take a look at the property, then I'd place my bid.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-09-2014, 05:41 AM
jeeperscrow jeeperscrow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Commerce, GA
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
You're actually looking at all the hundreds or thousands of properties on your EDDM route and then elimininating (if that's even possible) the ones you don't want? At least I get a zipcode and lot size and what services they are looking for. You can also ask a narrowed down question. Compared to Home Advisor its a bargain and far more successful. You also get to rate the customers as well as dispute any issues they have. I have found very little bad press compared to AJ and HA.
Posted via Mobile Device
With Thumbtack (as I've previously stated) you do not get a lot size. You get their silly version of a lot size.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 PM.

Page generated in 0.07441 seconds with 9 queries