Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-01-2014, 06:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It wasn't that bad before. I got a request for an entire townhouse community earlier this year. I went to reply less than a minute later and it was maxed out.

One thing I've done is attached my insurance and license when I send a message now
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-01-2014, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
It wasn't that bad before. I got a request for an entire townhouse community earlier this year. I went to reply less than a minute later and it was maxed out.

One thing I've done is attached my insurance and license when I send a message now
Posted via Mobile Device
yeah it wasn't that bad even a couple of months ago around here. There was a job I got in March where no other company even bid. Now before I have chance to even check my message two "companies" have already bid. It's an absurd process all the way around. Sorry I spent my money to buy a bunch of quotes from them.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperscrow View Post
yeah it wasn't that bad even a couple of months ago around here. There was a job I got in March where no other company even bid. Now before I have chance to even check my message two "companies" have already bid. It's an absurd process all the way around. Sorry I spent my money to buy a bunch of quotes from them.
I believe each job is limited to 4 or 5 quotes. I've gone to submit a quote and gotten the message the limit has been reached.I find it interesting that guys balk at spending 3.33 for a 1in 5 chance of getting an account,but will spend thousands on EDDMs for .01 call back rate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Patriot Services; 07-02-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I believe each job is limited to 4 or 5 quotes. I've gone to submit a quote and gotten the message the limit has been reached.I find it interesting that guys balk at spending 3.33 for a 1in 5 chance of getting an account,but will spend thousands on EDDMs for .01 call back rate.
Posted via Mobile Device
At least with EDDM (although I've never used it) you have a chance to actually look at the property before you place a bid. Bidding without looking or really having any clue what you're getting yourself into is interesting to me.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We were getting leads that worked out, but recently, I mean like 40 leads in a row never responded. Very unusual. This place is generating internal leads, too make a long story short, they are fraudulent. The best thing we can all do is report them to google, so they wont hog up the search engines. That's why they manipulate you into giving you 30 points, to "enhance your credibility", by linking to them on your own website. Their goal is to outrank you in the searches. Why pay a company to compete against you, and in my opinion, steal from you via generating fake leads?
Old 07-05-2014, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are people able to see reviews before they choose your company? I've seen some reviews from some one on this thread. Yikes. Not good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2014, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah the prospective client can look at your profile and your reviews/licenses blah blah before they contact you.
They have a "background check" that costs $7 and they put that on your profile as well.
The concept is interesting, and I have gotten a few weekly and BW accounts from there. If you don't submit a quote within about 20 minutes of the job being posted you will probably not even be looked at. So its a waste of $3.33
Old 07-08-2014, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperscrow View Post
At least with EDDM (although I've never used it) you have a chance to actually look at the property before you place a bid. Bidding without looking or really having any clue what you're getting yourself into is interesting to me.
You're actually looking at all the hundreds or thousands of properties on your EDDM route and then elimininating (if that's even possible) the ones you don't want? At least I get a zipcode and lot size and what services they are looking for. You can also ask a narrowed down question. Compared to Home Advisor its a bargain and far more successful. You also get to rate the customers as well as dispute any issues they have. I have found very little bad press compared to AJ and HA.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-09-2014, 05:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
You're actually looking at all the hundreds or thousands of properties on your EDDM route and then elimininating (if that's even possible) the ones you don't want? At least I get a zipcode and lot size and what services they are looking for. You can also ask a narrowed down question. Compared to Home Advisor its a bargain and far more successful. You also get to rate the customers as well as dispute any issues they have. I have found very little bad press compared to AJ and HA.
Posted via Mobile Device
No..not saying that at all. I'm saying if I were to use EDDM I'd send it out to everyone close to me, then when they call I'd get their actual address and an opportunity to take a look at the property, then I'd place my bid.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
With Thumbtack (as I've previously stated) you do not get a lot size. You get their silly version of a lot size.