Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-23-2014, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am wanting to design a rfid holster that will be in my truck and lock in until i am in range. ill have easier access to my firearm when i am in traffic, and can get in and out without worrying about people having access to it. when working, ill have dangerous tools in my hand, as mentioend above. so a firearm isnt necessary. running a guy over with a mower would likely stop an attack.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
There is some imagery magic line with "private property" some people want to invent, that the constitution somehow stops at their property line.
Sorry it doesn't.
Actually, it does. I can deny your right to bear arms on my property. I can limit your speech, your religion, the free press, I don't have to have a search warrant for my kid's crap, I can even imprison them.

Apparently you don't understand the Constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
I open carry. They don't care. If they don't care I don't see the need in pinching my fat folds
Posted via Mobile Device
It was a nice day, why weren't you mowing BS?

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/..._open_car.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakTreeLawnCareNixaMO View Post
My Dad Has His CCW & Alway's Carrie's His Ruger LCRx In .38 Special & I Am A Professional Knife Collector So I'll Alway's Have My Spyderco Endura 4 On Me. I Also Have My Remington 870 In My Truck Sometime's.
What In God's Green Earth Is A Professional Knife Collector?

And stop capitalizing the first letter of every word.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Old 06-23-2014, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

if I remember correctly, it rained in the morning and I spent the afternoon with my family.

what you're saying but isn't exactly true, you cannot deny someone s constitutional rights simply because they're on your property all you can really do is ask that they leave your property. in which case they are guilty of trespassing not illegal possession of a firearm or other constitutional right.

no you cannot in prison your children either that would be child abuse in CPS will take them away. of course that is also depending on what you mean by "imprisoned" the time out or go to your room type of thing is not really imprisonment however if you were to lock them in the cage in the basement that would be clear abuse
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-23-2014, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Had to work on my truck, go to the court and a few other errands that kind of killed my day is why I did not mow
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-23-2014, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was talking about grounding them, not putting them in a cage.

Semantics, true that I can't take away your constitutional rights, but I can restrict them. The only thing more important that property rights, is right to life.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

also you mentioned that you can go through their things, the Constitution does not protect our right from your parents it protects our right from the government. if a baby brand new one day old had objects that they own the government would still have to have a warrant to search those objects. of course realistically being the parents have the power of attorney its more so getting a warrant on the parents that tried to smuggle coke in a child's blanket.

although with Obama's laws, they probably aren't allowed to have a warrant on immigrants
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-23-2014, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
also you mentioned that you can go through their things, the Constitution does not protect our right from your parents it protects our right from the government. if a baby brand new one day old had objects that they own the government would still have to have a warrant to search those objects. of course realistically being the parents have the power of attorney its more so getting a warrant on the parents that tried to smuggle coke in a child's blanket.

although with Obama's laws, they probably aren't allowed to have a warrant on immigrants
Posted via Mobile Device
The only thing the Constitution really prevents is the gov't from infringing on a person's natural rights.

But I can, as a private person infringe on your rights as I stated. As a business owner I can infringe on your right to free speech. I can tell you as an employee what to wear or not to wear. Whether you can have visible tattoos or not. I can tell you that you can't carry a firearm while working for me.

These are all rights that are guaranteed me by the Constitution, the same one that does not allow the gov't to infringe on them. Even though they have and do.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Unfortunately your are right. hack Obama went on national television and said that he can kill any American citizen he wants with a shotgun or a drone.

but where I think the semantics on your argument lack is that I'm not required to work for you. many people quit working for companies because of their policies. unfortunately I cannot fire my government because of its policies
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-02-2014, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Some of y'all sound like y'all have never won a fight. Learn how to ******* fight, ****!

Sound like a bunch of pussies. Some, not all.

I work in Metro Atlanta, in some of THE WORST areas and I don't carry. I try to keep a biscuit close, but I don't keep 1 on my person.

I work in 30318, 30311, 30310, etc. all the time and leave my door unlocked and the roll up door in the back open. I always stay aware, but I'm sure nobody wants these problems.

I'm 6'2", 247 lbs. People know who to mess with and who not to.

I don't mean to offend anyoni with this post, but I've been in a few situations where I was justified to draw my weapon AND use it, I decided against it and it was for the better.

Example:
Heated altercation between you and one of the guys that just stole every weedeater & blower off your truck. (You were at a corner store and they jumped in your box truck and start theifing, just didn't know they were on camera. The owner shows you his video, you recognize them as some young guys you passed in the area you're working, and you pull up at their house, block driveway). You already called police, but he wants to know why you at his house. Y'all have words, you're waiting on police and it almost gets physical.

Now I could have easily allowed my ego to get the best of me and got my weapon, but I didn't. I knew he couldn't beat me in a fight, even all 3 of em. And I also knew that nothing they stole from MY BUSINESS(not me) is worth either of our health or safety.

They were all detained once police came and talked to us and we all went back to store and watched the video.

And yes, I had insurance.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Fresh_Cut; 07-02-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh_Cut View Post
Some of y'all sound like y'all have never won a fight. Learn how to ******* fight, ****!

Sound like a bunch of pussies. Some, not all.

I work in Metro Atlanta, in some of THE WORST areas and I don't carry. I try to keep a biscuit close, but I don't keep 1 on my person.

I work in 30318, 30311, 30310, etc. all the time and leave my door unlocked and the roll up door in the back open. I always stay aware, but I'm sure nobody wants these problems.

I'm 6'2", 247 lbs. People know who to mess with and who not to.

I don't mean to offend anyoni with this post, but I've been in a few situations where I was justified to draw my weapon AND use it, I decided against it and it was for the better.

Example:
Heated altercation between you and one of the guys that just stole every weedeater & blower off your truck. (You were at a corner store and they jumped in your box truck and start theifing, just didn't know they were on camera. The owner shows you his video, you recognize them as some young guys you passed in the area you're working, and you pull up at their house, block driveway). You already called police, but he wants to know why you at his house. Y'all have words, you're waiting on police and it almost gets physical.

Now I could have easily allowed my ego to get the best of me and got my weapon, but I didn't. I knew he couldn't beat me in a fight, even all 3 of em. And I also knew that nothing they stole from MY BUSINESS(not me) is worth either of our health or safety.

They were all detained once police came and talked to us and we all went back to store and watched the video.

And yes, I had insurance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Never take a fist to a gunfight.
Posted via Mobile Device