Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-03-2014, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am all for it but I just can't... My genetic makeup has me sweating 3 gallons for every 2 gallons I drink... I have stainless pieces, but not willing to deal with the comfort issues. I don't feel vulnerable.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

how does keeping one in your glove box make you uncomfortable. having it on your person sure. I use a money clip instead of a wallet because its uncomfortable, but keeping a womans purse in my glove box doesnt make me uncomfortable.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Never had a need

Never had a need for a gun. Been in more fights (lost most of em) than I care to remember. But, you guys make it sound like roving gangs of thugs are looking for landscaping equipment on every corner. Somebody wants my stuff, I will gladly give them with my wallet. I have insurance.
Also, for the guys out in deep wilderness with animals that can kill you, that might be a different story
Old 07-03-2014, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgreenspro View Post
Never had a need for a gun. Been in more fights (lost most of em) than I care to remember. But, you guys make it sound like roving gangs of thugs are looking for landscaping equipment on every corner. Somebody wants my stuff, I will gladly give them with my wallet. I have insurance.
Also, for the guys out in deep wilderness with animals that can kill you, that might be a different story
it's not about protecting our stuff, I carry cash just so I have something to give if I do get robbed. it's about protecting ourselves and our family. sometimes robbers stab first and rob later. sometimes they rob you, and then try to kill you so there is no witness to their crime
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-03-2014, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
it's not about protecting our stuff, I carry cash just so I have something to give if I do get robbed. it's about protecting ourselves and our family. sometimes robbers stab first and rob later. sometimes they rob you, and then try to kill you so there is no witness to their crime
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually, for me, it is about both.

Insurance isn't going to replace my truck and plow at 3 AM. Or 12 PM for that matter.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Old 07-03-2014, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't kill someone over a Ford
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-03-2014, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't kill someone over a Ford
Posted via Mobile Device
Unfortunately most criminals don't think that way, they are just looking for an easy score. I've seen a huge uptick in theft and robbery. My dealer lost 6 mowers a couple weeks ago. I have to agree with Mark I'm not going to wait to find out just how much insurance will cover vs how much I'll be out. Given the chance I will try to stop bad guy and let chips fall where they may. It's my lively hood that is being messed with, my pursuit of happiness, life and liberty. If criminals thought there was a chance of being hurt or killed I'm sure it would keep some at home watching cartoons. But society today doesn't see theft as a serious crime so there is barely a slap on wrist. Crime pays or they wouldn't do it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-03-2014, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A trimmer is an easy score, a truck is not. And if someone is willing to kill you gor your truck, then this whole discussion ours a moot point as you are no longer fighting for your truck, but for your life.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-03-2014, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All falls back to the saying I'm not expecting a wreck or a fire but I carry an extinguisher and wear my seat belt. I hope to god my gun never leaves the holster but push comes to shove and some crack head starts shooting Ill be glad to have it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-03-2014, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstifel View Post
All falls back to the saying I'm not expecting a wreck or a fire but I carry an extinguisher and wear my seat belt. I hope to god my gun never leaves the holster but push comes to shove and some crack head starts shooting Ill be glad to have it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it

now if I could just stop texting while I Drive
Posted via Mobile Device