Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2014, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Member

When I tested the portal a couple of months ago, the terms and conditions link did not work either. Did they fix this?
Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Just a heads up to anyone who uses SA. You currently can not put attachments on the estimates that you email your customers. It looks like it is working but when the email is opened, the attachment is not there. Just fyi for those who attach contracts and such. Your customers are not getting it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
it turns out the client portal is secure, its just has something to do with the company logo at the top left that isn't encrypted. So even though its secure, depending on what browser your using it may not appear that it is because of something to do with the logo on the login page.
Hey everyone, Chris at Service Autopilot here. I just wanted to confirm that this is exactly what the issue is. Everything on the Client Portal is secure and encrypted except for the company logo. That is why your customers are getting that message in the address bar. I have spoken with our development team about the confusion that this has caused and we will address moving the logo to a secure site with high urgency. Thank you.

-Chris
Old 02-28-2014, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serviceautopilot View Post
Hey everyone, Chris at Service Autopilot here. I just wanted to confirm that this is exactly what the issue is. Everything on the Client Portal is secure and encrypted except for the company logo. That is why your customers are getting that message in the address bar. I have spoken with our development team about the confusion that this has caused and we will address moving the logo to a secure site with high urgency. Thank you.

-Chris

Its good to see you guys here.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

First time a client used the portal she sent me this message.

"Looks like it worked. The only thing that might confuse/scare your customers is that we get two emails. One confirming the authorization and the other confirming the sale. Is there a way to disable the authorization email?"

Is this normal?
Old 03-02-2014, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using for 1 full year and have not had a complaint on it yet. Ive probably had 50 payments come in through it. Most of my customers dont use it.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYScapes View Post
I have been using for 1 full year and have not had a complaint on it yet. Ive probably had 50 payments come in through it. Most of my customers dont use it.
Do you know if they get the 2 emails like my customer described?
Old 06-25-2014, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Anybody have any new comments about SAP since March? I'm in serious need of a system like this and am looking at SAP, Jobber, ACT! and Operasoft right now. I know some of these are very different from each other and I'm trying to figure out which abilities I need most. I'm very interested in GPS tracking, but def. need something for tracking leads/customers at every step in the pipeline and probably some scheduling as well. I currently use just Quickbooks Pro and Excel sheets by hand. I'm running 2 mowing crews and a landscape crew and growing rapidly, serving about 120 customers. In the winter we do snow removal with 2 trucks, about 35-40 properties.
Thanks guys.
2013 Ferris IS2000 52/28 Briggs
2011 Ferris IS2000 52/25 Kawi
2010 Ferris IS2000 52/25 Kawi
PJ 18' Trailer
Triton 12' Trailer
(2) Stihl FS-110R w/ Edger Head
(5) Stihl FS-100RX
(3) Stihl BR-600 Blowers
(2) Stihl KM-110
Cultivator head
Hedge trimmer head
String trimmer head
Paddle Sweeper head (The best invention!)
Stihl HS-80 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl HS-81 Hedge Trimmer
(3) Pushmowers

w w w.snowhillinc.com
Old 06-27-2014, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You're just a tad smaller than us and we use SAP. Works great most of the time - they are still working on the mobile app and getting a few glitches out, but overall it's huge time saver. Pretty cool all the stuff you can do with it. I noticed there is a setting to turn on gps tracking but I'm not sure how it works or anything. Call them if you have any specific questions ....it's pricey but good. Syncs very well with QB.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Sponsor

I don't think you need to go with SAP, but for a team your size, Mhelpdesk is pretty reasonably-priced and will do GPS tracking in realtime. It also works with Quickbooks and synchs to Google calendar, if you use that for scheduling. Or you can roll in your Excel spreadsheets. There's an online tour and a free two-week trial, so check out the website. Might be what you're looking for. Oh, and yes, the customers can pay online. There's a customer portal.

Watch a 2-minute demo!

Email: ryan@mhelpdesk.com
Web: www.mhelpdesk.com
Phone: 888-558-6275