Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 06-28-2014, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Why hasn't Oregon made G3 blades for these machines yet? I heard talk about it "in the works" over a year ago.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsLocalLawn View Post
Why hasn't Oregon made G3 blades for these machines yet? I heard talk about it "in the works" over a year ago.
Who knows? I was corresponding with them, a couple months ago. The rep said they weren't currently working on anything.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 06-28-2014, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Who knows? I was corresponding with them, a couple months ago. The rep said they weren't currently working on anything.
Probably won't be much new until Expo in late October.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I love this mower.

I hammered out 15 lawns today trying to get ahead for the holiday and the 30" made life a lot easier.
I only pulled the 36" off the trailer once for the largest lawn - the rest were just as easy/fast to cut with the TimeMaster (and less hassle to unload/load) and a few needed to be bagged.

I keep track of my time on jobs and I'm certainly seeing the jobs getting done faster with the TimeMaster over the 21". I was absolutely shocked to get one of them done in 25 minutes, as it normally takes 35-40 with the 21". Sure makes the pay seem better when it takes less time.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
I love this mower.

I hammered out 15 lawns today trying to get ahead for the holiday and the 30" made life a lot easier.
I only pulled the 36" off the trailer once for the largest lawn - the rest were just as easy/fast to cut with the TimeMaster (and less hassle to unload/load) and a few needed to be bagged.

I keep track of my time on jobs and I'm certainly seeing the jobs getting done faster with the TimeMaster over the 21". I was absolutely shocked to get one of them done in 25 minutes, as it normally takes 35-40 with the 21". Sure makes the pay seem better when it takes less time.
Exact same with me since ive got mine.. Pretty much havent touched the 21's at all, use the 30" instead, and it even replaces the 48" in some cases.

Did you ever get/install the side deck guard's you said you were getting? Curious how they fit.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
Exact same with me since ive got mine.. Pretty much havent touched the 21's at all, use the 30" instead, and it even replaces the 48" in some cases.

Did you ever get/install the side deck guard's you said you were getting? Curious how they fit.

If I had to do it again, I'd never have gotten a 36" walk behind - I'd have gone larger for when I REALLY need to mow something large/fast. The 30" vs the 36" is so close in performance on most "normal" lawns that it's almost a duplication of machines.

The deck side guards should have been at the dealer waiting, but I've been too bust to stop and get them. I have a feeling I'll need to order bolts too. Will let you know.

Somewhat related - I assume aluminum would cost more, but aside from that, I don't know why they wouldn't have made this mower with an aluminum deck to reduce weight.

The first company to come out with a lighter 30" mower that has more power on hills is going to make a ton of money.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
If I had to do it again, I'd never have gotten a 36" walk behind - I'd have gone larger for when I REALLY need to mow something large/fast. The 30" vs the 36" is so close in performance on most "normal" lawns that it's almost a duplication of machines.

The deck side guards should have been at the dealer waiting, but I've been too bust to stop and get them. I have a feeling I'll need to order bolts too. Will let you know.

Somewhat related - I assume aluminum would cost more, but aside from that, I don't know why they wouldn't have made this mower with an aluminum deck to reduce weight.

The first company to come out with a lighter 30" mower that has more power on hills is going to make a ton of money.
Agreed on all points. If I have some extra coins this winter I am going to try to put the kawi engine on the Timemaster. The engine runs $350 or so.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Love my Timemaster thus far. Has been wonderful on mid-sized lawns. My only issues are the gas tank size and the blade engage lever pinches my hand constantly. Its been a solid purchase for me, well worth the 1k.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

This is the first week this entire season where we didn't have rain 3-4 days out of 7.
I just mowed 4 lawns and tipped it over to scrape the deck - there's nothing to scrape!

Still happy I bought it.

Deck guards needed to be reordered. Come in next week.
Posted via Mobile Device