Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-12-2014, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerotor77W View Post
Congrats, Stick Pro! She looks nice!

How is the power on it? You mentioned the rear end seems light; lighter than even the 863?

ksss, digdeep -- would be interesting to hear what else you observe about the demos / long-term durability of the machines.

For those commenting on the breakout -- I thought one of the goals for the D-series was to increase the lift breakout force. Could it be that with additional tractive effort the bucket is getting pinned, and the additional breakout isn't helping?

I'm not a huge fan of the lift arm design but without having operated one (darn not being in the industry anymore!), I have no idea if they've achieved form vs function -- or if we're looking at worse form vs. worse function now.

Thanks everything going good on her so far. It has enough power for what we do with it, when u go into a pile she will still spin the tires not choking her down. The 262 handles our 80" ci bobcat bucket with no problem, our 863 does not like it at all. She fells light when we are backing out of the ramp with a full bucket of dirt, or when we load trucks on a driveway that is going down hill.

We demoed a bobcat 750 with a bobcat 72 inch bucket on it, and we demoed the cat with there 72 inch bucket. They were the same height, and the bobcat bucket was a couple inches longer, there was not much of a difference in the buckets. I do like the bobcat buckets, but the one bobcat brought me I was not much impressed by. The caterpillar teeth on there tooth bucket are nothing but a joke. We bolted the bobcat shanks on our cat bucket today, we had to modify the back hole in the shank so it would fit on the cat bolt pattern.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have any other real options, BC here is a bad deal. The "dealer" is an independent rental store, zero interest in trading machines in, zero parts inventory, uninformed salesman, and questionable service people. I am surprised BC doesn't do something with their dealership issues here. I would be surprised if BC had 10% of the market on machines newer than 10 years old. I would like to try them, at least as another option, but I would not buy one due to the above mentioned issues.

I wont own a Deere.

CAT builds a competent machine. I think with the D series internally anyway, they finally are building what I believe are potentially very productive machines that able to do a considerable amount of work. I attribute that to finally putting real engines in them that are capable of making real power. As opposed to the <220 foot pound at best, underpowered, overprotected machines of the previous generations. I like the CAT guys here and they would take good care of me. So if the machine can keep up with the SV300 or exceed it, is priced right, I would own one. Guess we will see after the demo.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Here is a pic of the shanks we just instaled on our cat bucket. I am going to add some sides and a back plate to make it bigger, but that is in the future, It is way to hot here to be welding.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2014, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Have one more.
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2014, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I don't have any other real options, BC here is a bad deal. The "dealer" is an independent rental store, zero interest in trading machines in, zero parts inventory, uninformed salesman, and questionable service people. I am surprised BC doesn't do something with their dealership issues here. I would be surprised if BC had 10% of the market on machines newer than 10 years old. I would like to try them, at least as another option, but I would not buy one due to the above mentioned issues.

I wont own a Deere.

CAT builds a competent machine. I think with the D series internally anyway, they finally are building what I believe are potentially very productive machines that able to do a considerable amount of work. I attribute that to finally putting real engines in them that are capable of making real power. As opposed to the <220 foot pound at best, underpowered, overprotected machines of the previous generations. I like the CAT guys here and they would take good care of me. So if the machine can keep up with the SV300 or exceed it, is priced right, I would own one. Guess we will see after the demo.
Im looking foward to see what you think about the cat when you demo it.. Thats a shame bobcat is like that by you because i feel you would love the power in the s770 or a770. We really liked the a770 just came with a heavy price tag..
Old 07-13-2014, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

It gets depressing how much stuff is now. Epically when you try to pay cash for machines
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-13-2014, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I cant get over that either. The prices, mostly due to EPA mandates have pushed the prices into orbit. It is more important than ever that you buy a productive machine that you can make money with.

Paying cash for these machines now days will certainly leave a guy cash poor.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.

Last edited by ksss; 07-13-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup and sadly for the most parts rates haven't changed. People always talking about moving out of grass cutting into machine work for "better margins" but it's the same damn thing just on a different scale.

$50 an hour for a 12k mower

$125 an hour for a 50-100k skid.

Lol. I enjoy machine work though, that's the difference for me. If you enjoy what you do you'll never have to work a day in your life
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-13-2014, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I cant get over that either. The prices, mostly due to EPA mandates have pushed the prices into orbit. It is more important than ever that you buy a productive machine that you can make money with.

Paying cash for these machines now days will certainly leave a guy cash poor.
The prices of these machines are insane but if we all plan on staying in business theres no way around it. Bobcat t590 buddy of mine just paid over 60,000
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-13-2014, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Me and dad were just talking about it. I need to buy a new skid or tractor for snow. But I absolutely hate buying used.

We may just go with a few used ls180s or something to get through winter. They're easy to fix and not to expensive
Posted via Mobile Device